Home

MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 AM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions

As good as Sony San Diego’s MLB franchise has been for the last decade, the one consistent struggle has been the online portion, specifically connecting to another player and trying to play a simple head-to-head game. While results will vary greatly depending on who you talk to, the one description that rarely changes when describing MLB The Show online is inconsistency. When asked about the struggles, the developers have offered up multiple reasons why different people have varying degrees of moderate success to simply complete failure when attempting to play online, but I have yet to hear one that credibly explains why one can connect to a person eight states away and have a decent experience, but when that same person attempts to connect to a friend eight blocks away, they get the dreaded “connection failed” message.

Read More: MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 05:22 AM   #2
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
I have played 2 league games so far and both games felt like I was playing offline. There was no lag and it was a great experience, I'm very impressed with online this year and it will be very fun playing online leagues all year long.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:58 AM   #3
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions

I experienced the connection failed message today while trying to play a friend of mine. The game is way better than last year playing online. I saw twice last night the ball doing a weird glitch and movements while batting. The ball looks like it's coming high and then last second it appears on a different spot. I also noticed a few delays while fielding, but these are things I feel can be patched. The game is a lot of fun and can't wait to start playing the league I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2015, 06:16 AM   #4
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions

One game had some lag, but not on the pitching interface. There was just a delay with some inputs like baserunning and throwing. I've found baserunning a bit weird online so far. I've had multiple runners stop for no reason or one runner decide to not advance even though R1 is being held and all the other runners are advancing.

The only issue with hitting for me so far is that I am early on a lot of offspeed pitches. Maybe the pitch speed is lower online or something, but for the first few games I felt like I was right on changeups, but was way early.

Huge improvement over last year though. Other than the weird visual things like fielders sliding into place and things like that it has been smooth.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2
I've played 5 online games and the hitting/pitching interface has literally been lag free (very impressed). Like others I have seen occasional hiccups in the field but it has never been bad enough to impact the game in a negative way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2
"Server Errors' are killing me...I'm guessing they're overloaded.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:52 AM   #7
Banned

I'm not really into playing online against other people. I play offline franchise. I like online for just the roster updates. There are a lot of people that exploit stuff and then use it to cheat. I'm not saying everybody,but there quite a few out there.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:55 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I experienced the connection failed message today while trying to play a friend of mine. The game is way better than last year playing online. I saw twice last night the ball doing a weird glitch and movements while batting. The ball looks like it's coming high and then last second it appears on a different spot. I also noticed a few delays while fielding, but these are things I feel can be patched. The game is a lot of fun and can't wait to start playing the league I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you use a wired connection or wi fi? Just curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »