Home

MLB 15 The Show: How The Offseason Is Shaping This Year's Game

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: How The Offseason Is Shaping This Year's Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #17
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: How The Offseason Is Shaping This Year's Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
No mention of the Cubs with the signing of Lester and the youth, namely Kris Bryant, ready to make a huge impact?
Remember, though, Kris Bryant won't exist in the game until the roster update after he gets called up. You'll have to create him, CJ Edwards, Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber, etc to get them in your minor leagues for future seasons of your franchise. (at least that is what I'm going to do, maybe we'll get lucky and "Schwarber", "Almora", and "Vogelbach" will be in the last name audio database this year)
Old 02-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #18
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Remember, though, Kris Bryant won't exist in the game until the roster update after he gets called up. You'll have to create him, CJ Edwards, Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber, etc to get them in your minor leagues for future seasons of your franchise. (at least that is what I'm going to do, maybe we'll get lucky and "Schwarber", "Almora", and "Vogelbach" will be in the last name audio database this year)
That's what osfm is for lol
Old 02-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #19
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
That's what osfm is for lol
Sure, if you want to wait for for them! I've never used an OSFM roster, how soon after the game releases do they start rolling out?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #20
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Sure, if you want to wait for for them! I've never used an OSFM roster, how soon after the game releases do they start rolling out?
They're usually out about a month after release and they are totally worth waiting for. I usually just play some road to the show and exhibition games while waiting to regain my timing on the game so that once I start my franchise I'm ready to go.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #21
Rookie

ThaDumbest1's Arena

How are they gonna handle the minor league affiliation changes from the show 14 to 15, involving the year to year saves? I'm interested about how its gonna work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 01:47 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
It gets tough to decide wether to start a new franchise or season mode with all these transactions or just use the year to year feature
After the offseason the White Sox had, I am so glad I never started an offline franchise last season.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:15 AM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
It was definitely a crazy winter, the old saying there is no offseason in baseball was as true as ever this past winter. Both Padres and White Sox's really revamped, and on paper look to be postseason contenders.

Im a Reds fan, so nothing really to exciting as far as new players to play with on the roster, and according to all the projections were going to suck. And while I know some Reds fans are to happy about those projections, Im actually glad know one is expecting much this yr, these guys seem to do better when the spotlight isn't on them. I forget who said it on MLB network, I think it was Ron Darling, but he said the Reds might be the most dangerous team that know one expects anything from this year, and I have to agree Injuries killed us last season, cause we don't have any depth, but if this team manages to stay healthy this yr, they can be very good. I think Cubs fans are jumping the gun, but being the joke of baseball, and now having a legit Ace along with a proven manager, to go with a lot of talented prospects I can see why they have some hope, and thye wont no longer be a team you can see on the schedule and say at worst we will win 2 of 3 anymore. They should be better than normal, but I think they will be at home watching the postseason like normal once again, but in 1 yr or so they will be contending for the division unfortunately.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:10 AM   #24
Pro

All the offseason moves arent going to make me start over....instead, what is going to make me start over is the change of minor league affiliates. Since nothing has been confirmed that they will change over on a y2y save I am assuming that u would keep ur old affiliate. I have one with my Giants and they moved their AAA affiliate from Fresno to Sac-Town so that will be the main reason why I start over. I am still playing it now tho just in case there is a miracle. Plus there's really nothing else to play

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »