Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2015, 07:38 PM   #737
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

How did i know knight would be excited haha! But I agree with both of you guys. Although we all want more stats and things (and I know they'll happen in future), the biggest thing I want is more immersion in my franchise. I think the radio show will do that. Helps us buy into what is going on in our own leagues. I love watching MLB Tonight each night, I hope this will do the same for me. Anyway...veterans I'm still interested in how hyped you are compared to the past.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #738
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
The link only states that Williams was sued and the NFLPA advised players to get permission. The article shows no evidence whatsoever that this is REQUIRED by any law and it states that the case was dropped. So there is still no evidence that tattoos don't belong to the person who's body they are on. Just because a tattoo person THINKS they own it doesn't make it true. And I am confident we will see the same neck tattoos in 15 as we have in all other iterations of the show due to there being no such law. The article also states that Madden fans had to assume why tats were no longer in the game. Your customer should NEVER have to assume anything, they should be given the facts. If Sony wants to go the same route as EA and require the players to obtain consent that's their prerogative, but yet again there is no law requiring permission to be obtained before use.
Whether something is specifically required by law or not is moot in terms of navigating the issue. It's also not explicitly stated that tattoos belong to the person they are on (as you or someone else also asserted). The absence of a specific prohibiting law doesn't mean it's safe to move forward. The only cases brought up publicly have been settled out of court and they weren't the same to boot. So, there is no formal law regarding this specific matter. There are, however, copyright laws pertaining to artistic expression and ownership which do protect the tattoo art/artist which make the matter murky.

As for the difference regarding neck tattoos, perhaps the difference is because they get included in player scans (meaning, just a copy of the player himself), whereas any other tattoos would be added by the art team, thus recreating the art separately themselves (which gets closer to the issue of where the copyright rests). I'm not saying that's definitively the case, but it would make sense. (It would be similar, I think, to the Mike Tyson/Hangover tattoo thing that was settled).

In any case, Ramone pointed to Madden as an example, but I don't think he made direct claims on legality, only on reasoning. A lot of people keep discussing this as though it's black and white, but it's a fairly complex issue, from everything I've read. Regardless of explicit legality or not, it seems like it's the ambiguity that is likely the issue for the NFLPA, EA, and, this game.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:47 PM   #739
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Now....not to dredge it back up....but...

EVERYTHING now is copyrighted and has some sort of rights attached to them.
I just read an article on the upcoming Tom Clancy game...The Division and the lead artist was stating that while they try to keep the version of New York City in the game 1:1....almost all the BUILDINGS have copyright attached...and they had to change them a certain % to be on the safe side...GTA had to do this as well(taking a different path...)

...and why in the world would any company want to open themselves up to possible legal troubles if it's easily avoided? It's way too much trouble to start with and I'm sure the legal dept. at SCEA has a lot to say in what they will do in regards to things like this.
Neck tats?....As with the "snot rocket" that used to be in the game....they did it....and while nothing was said for a while...once they were told to remove it....they did.
Perhaps when they added those in(and yes...at that time it was because the heads were all separate...and the 3 body types were universal)....it wasn't an issue. It seems to be now.
I think it's just going to have to be accepted for the time being.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-31-2015, 08:03 PM   #740
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7
I've got a fun/legitimate question for Knight, Showtyme and other vets. How hyped are you after this years fact sheet compared to the many years you've played The Show? For me I'm very very excited. I always love the Show but last two years I wasn't AS excited but this year I'm like let's go!! Ha. Just curious about the vets anticipation compared to previous years just for the fun sake of discussion!
Personlly I am excited and looking forward to 15. The Show is really the only sports game I play and it has the most replay value in my opinion. I definitely agree with the things Knight touched on. SCEA has the series going in the right direction. I am curious about the radio show like everyone else. I am an equipment guy so I am interested to see the new accessories I'll have to work with this year. GM contracts is interesting as well. Overall I'm excited and looking forward to the next 2 months of info and how everything all comes together.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #741
Pro

OVR: 5

As a roster creator (finishing 1987 90 man as I type) is there any mention of exporting rosters from franchise mode? I mean I would love to carry this over to put in new gear and short stirrup socks and keep perfecting it. ANy mention of it whatsoever? Thanks for any information, and no I did not read all 52 pages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 08:37 PM   #742
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
As a roster creator (finishing 1987 90 man as I type) is there any mention of exporting rosters from franchise mode? I mean I would love to carry this over to put in new gear and short stirrup socks and keep perfecting it. ANy mention of it whatsoever? Thanks for any information, and no I did not read all 52 pages.
Short answer is no. If this were a feature it would be proudly mentioned IMO.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 01-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #743
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ramone,

Are you able to talk about whether or not the AI has been improved in how they use their bullpen? Biggest being them utilizing lefty vs lefty matchups and such.
It's not just bullpen usage. The cpu ai will also do things like burn both their catchers in late game situations, forcing them to put an out of position player there, pinch run for a guy on first when the winning run is on second, etc.

I'm a huge fan of this series, but late game strategy is such a huge part of baseball, and a bonehead move by the cpu can take the shine off of a beautiful baseball experience.

What I've lobbied for in the past is the ability to effectively manage your cpu opponent. Kind of combining manage only mode with the user vs cpu mode. Probably simpler than adding code for every possible ai management decision.

We have the ability to control almost every aspect of a season or franchise mode for the cpu with 30 team control. Let's take it one step further and allow the user to help the cpu manager out a little bit.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:59 PM   #744
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_riot
It's not just bullpen usage. The cpu ai will also do things like burn both their catchers in late game situations, forcing them to put an out of position player there, pinch run for a guy on first when the winning run is on second, etc.

I'm a huge fan of this series, but late game strategy is such a huge part of baseball, and a bonehead move by the cpu can take the shine off of a beautiful baseball experience.

What I've lobbied for in the past is the ability to effectively manage your cpu opponent. Kind of combining manage only mode with the user vs cpu mode. Probably simpler than adding code for every possible ai management decision.

We have the ability to control almost every aspect of a season or franchise mode for the cpu with 30 team control. Let's take it one step further and allow the user to help the cpu manager out a little bit.
Agreed. Hopefully CPU AI In-Game management is an area that was addressed for this year's game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »