Home

Fast Forward Complaint

This is a discussion on Fast Forward Complaint within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fast Forward Complaint

Hello folks,

every year I log into this account to complain about the same thing and that's the god-awfully broken fast forward mode. I don't have much interest in pitching because there is no mechanic that can give me the right balance between utilizing my skills while taking into account the pitcher's attributes - but that's okay, I'm not here to complain about that.

What I really hate is the simple fact that fast forward mode can't properly sim the cpu's batting turns. I've tried multiple franchises every year and it's always the same, regardless which team I take. At some point in the season the cpu will start scoring like crazy and it just won't ever stop again. At the end of the season, I usually give up two more runs on average than the second worst team. It's so frustrating because I have the batting numbers perfectly where I want them, the thing is though, they won't let me keep up with the cpu. So my only other option is to lower batting difficulty a bit and have a slugfest every game. The only way to keep cpu scoring in check seems to be not to score any runs yourself. Soon as you do, you can expect a rally later in the game.

Anyway, I don't suppose there is a fix for it or that SCEA actually cares. I just needed to vent my anger and bury the game once and for all.
Anyway, if you're a batting only type of player and playing at HoF or above, let me know what you do to keep the simmed cpui batting in check.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fast Forward Complaint

Your not alone in your observations, though I must say I haven't tried it in this year's release.
But no doubt in the past it's been the same way. It drove me nuts so I don't even think of using this option. Not a chance I'll touch it again.
Kinda rubs me the wrong way when an option is put in and works so terrible.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman

Anyway, I don't suppose there is a fix for it or that SCEA actually cares. I just needed to vent my anger and bury the game once and for all.
Anyway, if you're a batting only type of player and playing at HoF or above, let me know what you do to keep the simmed cpui batting in check.

Not much to do but field the best pitchers you can, especially in the bullpen. Relievers in this game can go pear shaped in a hurry even pitching for yourself - twice as fast on sims.

Fast forward is a sim mode so it uses straight attributes (including HR/9 in case you ignored it while pitching yourself since it's useless outside of sims).

There's no sim sliders or any way to use the sliders to adjust hitting stats.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman
Hello folks,

every year I log into this account to complain about the same thing and that's the god-awfully broken fast forward mode. I don't have much interest in pitching because there is no mechanic that can give me the right balance between utilizing my skills while taking into account the pitcher's attributes - but that's okay, I'm not here to complain about that.

What I really hate is the simple fact that fast forward mode can't properly sim the cpu's batting turns. I've tried multiple franchises every year and it's always the same, regardless which team I take. At some point in the season the cpu will start scoring like crazy and it just won't ever stop again. At the end of the season, I usually give up two more runs on average than the second worst team. It's so frustrating because I have the batting numbers perfectly where I want them, the thing is though, they won't let me keep up with the cpu. So my only other option is to lower batting difficulty a bit and have a slugfest every game. The only way to keep cpu scoring in check seems to be not to score any runs yourself. Soon as you do, you can expect a rally later in the game.

THis is actually true ?

So, if I only hit and fast-forwarded (FF) pitching with a team like the Tigers - Their ERA would be between 5 - 5.50 by the end of the Season !!

I only pitch and never hit - So If would if FF hitting, would that allow my team to score over 1,000 runs in a Season ?

Interesting. I hope you can tell me more.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
THis is actually true ?

So, if I only hit and fast-forwarded (FF) pitching with a team like the Tigers - Their ERA would be between 5 - 5.50 by the end of the Season !!

I only pitch and never hit - So If would if FF hitting, would that allow my team to score over 1,000 runs in a Season ?

Interesting. I hope you can tell me more.
I had a fantasy draft team with Verlander and Scherzer and their ERAs were almost 6ish. Sometimes one or two pitchers will hold off the cpu a bit longer than the others but once they hit a cold spell they hardly ever recover from that.

My experience concerning FF hitting doesn't include observations from the 2014 game but in the previous versions it seemed like those inflated numbers only applied to cpu teams (sounds like a conspiracy, I know). It felt like the CPU pitcher got way more 1-2-3 innings and double plays but I only have a limited data sample for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Over the last 15 games in my Jays franchise, my pitchers gave up 6.8 runs on average. I scored 8 or more 4 times and lost 3 of those games. My sole win during that span came off a walk-off grand slam when I was trailing 4-7.

It's not that I was playing poorly, in fact my bats were well up to the task hitting .281 with 13 home runs. Surely I should have fared better than 1-14.

And as I've already said, this happens in every franchise I've started over the years. Probably more than 14 in total. One time I decided to ride it out for 50 more games and I went 6-44 while my batting numbers were quite alright.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
Rookie

I've noticed this as well. Although I don't normally use fast forward but when I have the game has gone south quickly. For example: Scoreless ball game until I sim an inning and my pitcher gave up 13 runs....in one inning and the cpu never took him out.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I use the fast forward a lot and it's terrible. I had Harvey and he SUCKED, traded him and good pitching prospects for Kershaw and he SUCKS. Tbh I've had better luck fast forwarding with under rated pitchers than aces.

Nothing like Kershaw, Harvey, or other high rated pitchers giving up 5-6 runs in the first inning on a consistent bases or having multiple innings like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »