Home

Pretty upsetting...

This is a discussion on Pretty upsetting... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
Banned

vizioN's Arena

OVR: 0
Pretty upsetting...

Out of all The Show games to come out over the years, I believe that we can all fairly agree the this year's version for the PS4 was the most anticipated one of them all. While the release brought forth a game that we all (or at least the majority of diehard fans) come to love. However, we all also know that the game is hampered by numerous glitches that need to be fixed to make it more polished.

It really is upsetting to see that nothing has been changed since launch. We had a small update that didn't change anything noticeable two weeks after launch, but otherwise nothing. I know patches can take time, but we're talking a month after release and still nothing has been fixed. Is there a way to get word from somebody with knowledge to give us answers as to what's taking them so long? It's beginning to become unacceptable and we deserve to have a game be updated on first priority, especially considering it being the first on the new console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pretty upsetting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizioN
Out of all The Show games to come out over the years, I believe that we can all fairly agree the this year's version for the PS4 was the most anticipated one of them all. While the release brought forth a game that we all (or at least the majority of diehard fans) come to love. However, we all also know that the game is hampered by numerous glitches that need to be fixed to make it more polished.

It really is upsetting to see that nothing has been changed since launch. We had a small update that didn't change anything noticeable two weeks after launch, but otherwise nothing. I know patches can take time, but we're talking a month after release and still nothing has been fixed. Is there a way to get word from somebody with knowledge to give us answers as to what's taking them so long? It's beginning to become unacceptable and we deserve to have a game be updated on first priority, especially considering it being the first on the new console.
I do agree that the game does lack the typical "polish" that we have come accustomed to from SCEA. However, I didn't really expect that much more. The first year on a new console was bound to be a transition year. This was actually the first year that I considered not getting the game and just waiting until next year. My hand was somewhat "forced" by my PS3 dying so I ended up getting it.

I'm confident that there will be at least one more patch and that we can expect great things from this title in the future.

Just my thoughts.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizioN

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I actually think this game is incredible. Easily the best sports sim around, there are a few annoying glitches like the casual outfielder throw, or the infielder running over a grounder but in the 40 games I've played these things have happened in maybe 5 games.

The only thing I find really annoying is the same sign wielding fan shown during the lineup introduction screen every damn game. Come up with some new material, sign boy!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I really don't think this year is all that different other than the later release skewing the timeline. The game usually has numerous bugs and glitches (mostly minor) and it usually takes a bit for a significant fix to come forth, since the team usually takes a bit of time off post-release (also allowing data to collect) before banging away at a fix for gripes and starting on another great game.

I think some of the frustration for some this year comes from a) unmet "next gen" expectations (reasonable or not) and b) a later release, which makes any wait seem worse since it digs deeper into baseball season. Don't get me wrong, I want to see some things fixed as well (I already posted my frustrations with some of the bugs I've experienced as well as my longing for a patch), but I also understand that our timeline this year is, unfortunately, a bit different.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I really don't think this year is all that different other than the later release skewing the timeline. The game usually has numerous bugs and glitches (mostly minor) and it usually takes a bit for a significant fix to come forth, since the team usually takes a bit of time off post-release (also allowing data to collect) before banging away at a fix for gripes and starting on another great game.

I think some of the frustration for some this year comes from a) unmet "next gen" expectations (reasonable or not) and b) a later release, which makes any wait seem worse since it digs deeper into baseball season. Don't get me wrong, I want to see some things fixed as well (I already posted my frustrations with some of the bugs I've experienced as well as my longing for a patch), but I also understand that our timeline this year is, unfortunately, a bit different.
think so too, but waiting for the patch is feeling like an eternity right now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Agreed. I really love the game but I'm surprised by the very slight upgrades even in a transitional year. Waiting on a patch has become annoying as well. I know that things take time and the devs take a well deserved short break after release, but the game is hardly playable for me with analog fielding due to this extreme sensitivity. This year on the PS4 seems like a very clean very polished version (albeit not perfect) of the game that we all fell in love with. Next year I expect some serious changes to the presentation, commentary and even graphics. With another year under these devs belts I expect to be blown away.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
Rookie

KidKoopa22's Arena

not to mention the official show roster's are awful
Old 06-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #8
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoopa22
not to mention the official show roster's are awful
Aside from ratings nothing can be done about that. And you had the OSFM rosters to use the day the game came out so no reason to complain about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »