Home

Statistics You Need Tracked Not Already Being Done

This is a discussion on Statistics You Need Tracked Not Already Being Done within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Statistics You Need Tracked Not Already Being Done

Pitching, I need the logs kept on a lot of pitching statistics that are not documented on the game. One of the most glaring, pitch count. I need to know all of my reliever and starting pitcher outings over the course of the season so I can go back understand and evaluate certain things.

With that, I need breakdowns of every pitch, which pitch is getting the most strikeouts by pitcher and various information like that. I'm sure all baseball teams look at this.

Those are the most bothersome elements of stat keeping that is missing for me. I know there are many things people would like to see, myself included so lets sound off on what annoys you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Re: Statistics You Need Tracked Not Already Being Done

I would also like for hitters an up to date tracking of batting avg, slugging %, strikeout percentage by zone that you can view over the course of the season. I never use the hot/cold zone, I can't stand visual aids while I'm playing, but pre-game or anytime I'm evaluating my own team, I'd like to be able to check this. These are the kind of small things that would add so much, sometimes. It would also be a point that can improve commentary, because it programs something more for them to talk about.

Commentary is also rushed because the pace of gameplay is so rapid, but I hope increased, more concentrated stat overlays and expanded commentary can also help to slow the game down to it's proper pace.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

OPS for one. Also being able to see more of the previous years stats on the player card. Things like fielding stats and stolen bases for batters and innings pitched, WHIP, etc for pitchers.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 AM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I would like to see some more detailed stats like contact% and G/L/F rates for hitters, strand rate for relievers and BABIP for hitters. Lastly, I'd love to see an actual game log like you get when going to a players profile on say espn.com where I can see his stat line from every game hes played and if we want to get really specific I'd love to see batter vs pitcher stats for each pitcher I face as a hitter and each hitter I face as a pitcher, again, similar to what you would find on espn.com.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

They have the batter versus pitcher stats in RTTS for your player anyway..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 03:23 AM   #6
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Agree on everything, but we can't even get steals or whip to track yearly.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Jgrillo5's Arena

OVR: 0

I would really like to see detailed stats on offline franchise. Unless they make 1 player Online Franchise simulation much better, I think that all features should be the same on both. Specifically I would like to see many more, if not all metric stats and for all of them to be carried over year to year. With baseball becoming more and more of a numbers game its important that this stuff is tracked. I know this is hard but i would also like to see WAR in this next game as well.
Explanation on WAR, Position Players:http://www.baseball-reference.com/ab...position.shtml
Explanation on WAR, Pitchers:http://www.baseball-reference.com/ab...ed_pitch.shtml
Old 06-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #8
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrillo5
I would really like to see detailed stats on offline franchise. Unless they make 1 player Online Franchise simulation much better, I think that all features should be the same on both. Specifically I would like to see many more, if not all metric stats and for all of them to be carried over year to year. With baseball becoming more and more of a numbers game its important that this stuff is tracked. I know this is hard but i would also like to see WAR in this next game as well.
Explanation on WAR, Position Players:http://www.baseball-reference.com/ab...position.shtml
Explanation on WAR, Pitchers:http://www.baseball-reference.com/ab...ed_pitch.shtml
The additional stats in online franchise, what are the kind of improvements those have vs what is in offline franchise. I could look myself but I'd rather use that time for my ongoing franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »