Home

I'm cold, and getting colder.

This is a discussion on I'm cold, and getting colder. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
I'm cold, and getting colder.

Seven of my players are currently cold as illustrated by the snow flake next to their names on the lineup screen. I play as the lowly Cubs and I'm currently 8-19 to start the year. My team average is near the Mendoza line and I have scored 5 runs over the past 6 games!

How much, and in what ways does being cold affect your hitters? And how do you get them to be not cold?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: I'm cold, and getting colder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
And how do you get them to be not cold?
Here I thought I was cold. My Rockies (MoM player) are on a 6 game losing streak where nothing (pitching, hitting and fielding) is working lately. However as cold as my team is (presently sporting a 27-24 record 7 games out of 1st), I only have a handful of players with the snow flake icon. Here is what I do when a player goes cold. I bench them for at least two games and only put them in as pinch hitters or defensive fielding replacements if the game goes into extra innings and I am desperate. Then usually (not always) they will come out of the cold snap after a few days off. However my catcher Wilin Rossario went cold, I benched him as mentioned above. On his first day back he went 0-3 with 2 walks and his snow flake went away despite not getting a hit (I guess the game factors in walks when determining whether or not a player is cold). However in yesterday's game he went 0-4 (meaning he has not gotten a single hit in well over a week now) and I fully expect the snow flake to return when the team lines up for a game in Philly this evening trying to break this nasty 6 game losing streak of theirs.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

I think Cold/Hot is way, way overdone in this game.

When my Locked player was hot, I was hitting a homer when jammed, a homer to the opposite field with ease.

When he got cold, I could not buy a hit.

This is NOT fun.

Please, tone down the Hot/Cold settings!!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961

When my Locked player was hot, I was hitting a homer when jammed, a homer to the opposite field with ease.

This is NOT fun.

When the game got too frustrating for me and went to Dynamic difficulty and tweaked some sliders. Made a huge difference.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

When players are cold, sometimes I'll sit them down for a game and see if that helps. But every player is going to go through a cold stretch, that they must play themselves out of. No real trick to getting it to snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Don't quite understand the hot/cold thing really. In my RTTS I had a snowflake next to my name and was on a 7 game hitting streak batting around .323. Eventually the icon disappeared but didn't really notice anything from it. Maybe just me.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
When the game got too frustrating for me and went to Dynamic difficulty and tweaked some sliders. Made a huge difference.

I completely agree!! I had the same problem with extremely bad cold streaks. I re-started my season w/ Armor and Swords sliders along w/ dynamic difficulty and it made all the difference! Dynamic difficulty is a life saver!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961

This is NOT fun.

Seems the opposite to me. I don't even pay attention to the cold icons. It's more of a mental thing IMO. You still have to approach your at bats the same. I have hit homers with guys ice cold and k'd 3x with guys who are red hot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »