Home

franchise error CE-34878-0

This is a discussion on franchise error CE-34878-0 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-16-2014, 05:48 AM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
franchise error CE-34878-0

I have been trying to play my franchise and every other game it seems in the 2nd or 3rd inning the game just quits to the dashboard and gives me this error code...Is anyone else getting this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: franchise error CE-34878-0

Since monday it started happening to many while playing in online franchise. It has not been as bad lately for me as it was earlier in the week but occasional it will still happen. I hope the issue gets corrected along with a list of other things.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

Do you think this is an issue of a corrupted save file? I am only a few games into my franchise but was off to a great start so don't really wanna delete everything and start over if it doesn't fix the issue.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
MVP

videobastard's Arena

I believe this is a sony network issue. This error code has come up in the past for other games that had single player content while being connected to the internet.

When the user disconnected from the internet and played the single player content offline they never received the code.

Other reports of people deleting their save files and formatting the hardrive only for it to happen again while connected to the internet.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
I believe this is a sony network issue. This error code has come up in the past for other games that had single player content while being connected to the internet.

When the user disconnected from the internet and played the single player content offline they never received the code.

Other reports of people deleting their save files and formatting the hardrive only for it to happen again while connected to the internet.
I disconnected and turned off the internet to my PS4 and tried to play the franchise game over but it brought up the same error code in the exact same spot in the game twice in a row. It is in the 2nd inning after the first out. I found someone else on the internet having the same issue and the ironic thing is we are both doing Twins franchises. Kinda strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #6
MVP

videobastard's Arena

Are you able to sim past the trouble innings or try simming past the scheduled day and play other games on schedule to see if it continues to happen.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

It happens to me in RTTS actually. It's only happened twice, but both times it's been on my 2B in the MLB on a groundball to 3rd on the throw over to turn two. That's really specific, I know, but the two times it's happened it's been that same exact situation. It's pretty frustrating, especially after MyCareer on 2K was destroyed by this error.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've not had the error on MLB, but it was common on NBA2k14. Its a sony error and there was no way around it. Don't both contacting sony either...they have no fix.

Save early, save often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »