Home

Easy to pick up?

This is a discussion on Easy to pick up? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Easy to pick up?

So, I haven't played a baseball game since Bases Loaded, so I am currently thinking of getting this, looks beautiful and everything, but how easy is it to pick up and play?
Are the controls any hard? Any difficulty for "noobs"? I will run the tutorial whatsoever, but give me a little insight.

Thanks beforehand!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

AntonTc's Arena

Re: Easy to pick up?

Pitching isn't too hard to pick up and play if you know the game of baseball. Fairly simple, intuitive controls that you should get the hang of quickly. Fielding is also pretty easy to pick up and you should get the hang of it in no time. The problem lies in hitting. By default, hitting in this game is very difficult and WILL take some time to get used to/good at. Identifying pitch types/location is something that you can only develop with a ton of practice. General consensus is that it takes some time to be even half-decent, but very rewarding. It's a great game in that way, it plays like a simulator should, but some people find it very frustrating, especially initially.

There's things like beginner difficulty and even sliders that can increase your contact/decrease the pitchers pitch speed that make hitting a lot easier, so you can slowly ramp your way up, but it will still take time.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I'm about to be in for a rude awakening then hahahaha. Anyway, I'm super excited to pick this up after work.

Really looking forward to the RTTS mode
Old 05-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I just played my first game of the show in years and I lost 2-1. Hitting was terrible, I was using quick counts and I struck out the first 7 batters or so. I did end up getting better as the game went on. I hit a HR with Gattis in the 6 inning and probably should have tied it up or won it, but I made a few mistakes on the base paths. Running and throwing games me a few issues.

I need to see why Heyward looked like he was throwing in slow motion to home. Should have nailed the guy, but throw got there just before the runner and Gattis had it bounce off his glove.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Rookie

AntonTc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I just played my first game of the show in years and I lost 2-1. Hitting was terrible, I was using quick counts and I struck out the first 7 batters or so. I did end up getting better as the game went on. I hit a HR with Gattis in the 6 inning and probably should have tied it up or won it, but I made a few mistakes on the base paths. Running and throwing games me a few issues.

I need to see why Heyward looked like he was throwing in slow motion to home. Should have nailed the guy, but throw got there just before the runner and Gattis had it bounce off his glove.
You probably didn't put enough power into the throw, so he did more of a casual lob. If you're using Button Accuracy, you're going to want all 3 red rings to light up for a bullet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonTc
You probably didn't put enough power into the throw, so he did more of a casual lob. If you're using Button Accuracy, you're going to want all 3 red rings to light up for a bullet.
Thanks, couldn't tell what I was looking for the power

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Alright, thanks alot for the information! I am about to play my first game a bit later today, so wish me luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »