Home

MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-13-2024, 01:15 PM   #441
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

There might not be a better feeling in sports than drilling a pitch deep into the night. I feel like The Show emulates that feeling pretty well. 18f72e536fa61-screenshotUrl.jpeg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2024, 05:15 PM   #442
MVP

OVR: 1

It blows my mind that there still isn't a start today feature in 2024. Even if it was like a weekly or monthly release.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:01 PM   #443
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
There might not be a better feeling in sports than drilling a pitch deep into the night. I feel like The Show emulates that feeling pretty well. Attachment 211735
The only one one that comes close to topping it is looping a hard slider on the inside of the plate, between dish and batter. But not in the strike zone, tangles him up so bad it elicits the foolish swing-and-miss animation that evokes images of swinging a garden hose. Especially if it's Stee-rike Three!
#44Syracuse
Old 05-17-2024, 09:47 AM   #444
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

First a little context. I’ve played 600 hours on MLBTS23 and have played 291 on MLBTS24, so this opinion comes from a lot of game time.

Starting to get really frustrated with 24. It has some really redeeming qualities but the game play is just stale to me. Hit variety is way down compared to last year, especially on the USER side. Seems like everything I hit is either a HR or a single. Hitting was literally perfect for me last year. Last year if felt like my players ratings really mattered. If I got a perfect timing with Gunnar Henderson, it’s probably a HR but not always. Get one with Adam Frazier and it’s still a pop up half the time, which I love. This year feels like anything I time up well, with any player, is an automatic HR. Then on top of that you barely see any swing and miss from the USER this year unless your timing is really bad or the pitch is in the dirt. Last year, on default HOF, the USER could swing and miss on pitches right down the middle even with good timing. Which I really liked because it leads to more strikeouts for the USER and you see it happen in real baseball all the time.

Then we get to the CPU. At times it’s really fun to pitch them but then at times they make me want to throw my PS5 out of my window lol. I can’t explain the amount of times I got the CPU in a 3-2 count only for them to foul off 10 pitches in a row. Knowing the only way the at bat is going to end is either with a walk or a ball being absolutely crushed. This alone has ruined the fun for me. This happens multiple times every game to me and it’s really unfortunate.

One final thing I’ve noticed on both sides of the ball is outfielders getting to everything. Last year on default sliders way more balls fell in for base hits, plus on top of that way more balls were just out of the reach of outfielders gloves where you never really knew if it was going to be caught. Seems like this year if an outfielder is anywhere near a ball he is going to track it down.

Going back to MLBTS23

Last edited by tc020791; 05-17-2024 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:22 PM   #445
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The presentation for the postseason is extremely well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2024, 05:53 PM   #446
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The presentation for the postseason is extremely well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I can ever get there.....
Old 05-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #447
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The fact that players now not assigned to contracts but under team control (arbitration and contract renewable) are tradable is a HUGE HUGE win for franchise players.

Also they finally fixed contract renewable players. You can either negotiate with them or renew their contracts, something previously you couldn't unless you left them un-signed until the last day of the offseason.

Two small/non back of the box improvements that are absolute wins for franchise players.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-22-2024, 08:20 AM   #448
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The fact that players now not assigned to contracts but under team control (arbitration and contract renewable) are tradable is a HUGE HUGE win for franchise players.

Also they finally fixed contract renewable players. You can either negotiate with them or renew their contracts, something previously you couldn't unless you left them un-signed until the last day of the offseason.

Two small/non back of the box improvements that are absolute wins for franchise players.

Is the CPU better at bidding on FA in the offseason? Last year it was too easy to get whomever you wanted. (my only real gripe with franchise mode in 23)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »