Home

I'm gonna say it & it might ruffle some feathers...

This is a discussion on I'm gonna say it & it might ruffle some feathers... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-29-2023, 04:31 PM   #129
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I'm gonna say it & it might ruffle some feathers...

[quote=jcar0725;2050793701]It is possible to find the right balance with '23 using classic pitching. It's working fine for me. But its nothing like previous iterations of the game and took me a long time to find a landing spot.[/QUOTE

I am strictly a classic pitching/directional hitting guy.

Happy to check out and try your sliders.

Are they posted on OS somewhere?

Dowie
Old 06-29-2023, 05:10 PM   #130
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

[quote=dowie;2050793745]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
It is possible to find the right balance with '23 using classic pitching. It's working fine for me. But its nothing like previous iterations of the game and took me a long time to find a landing spot.[/QUOTE

I am strictly a classic pitching/directional hitting guy.

Happy to check out and try your sliders.

Are they posted on OS somewhere?

Dowie
No I'm not really a slider guy. But classic pitching on Legend with no human slider tweaks works well for me. I even bumped up the CPU contact and power sliders to 6 to give it a real challenge. But I would try it at default first and see how that works first. First two games with this setup I got crushed but it starts to settle down after that and then you get a nice variance. And if the CPU gets on a roll you really have to try to figure how to beat it.

I'm on all star plus for hitting with no slider tweaks and its been great, but I don't think people are having any issues with their directional hitting so whatever works for you there.
Old 06-30-2023, 08:24 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 0

This whole convo goes back to sample size stg. Iirc JoshC mentioned getting a 600-game sample size before effing with stuff. Idk if I’d go that far but yeah man 10 games here & 20 games there is nothing and there’s nothing unreasonable about having a sub-2 team ERA over 20 or 30 games. The idea is that over time guys will get injured, guys will lose confidence, YOU will lose confidence, and every other baseball variable you can think of, will all come into play over 162, and, chances are, you’ll end up with pretty good stats at the end of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2023, 07:53 AM   #132
Rookie

Play MLB22 for two days and try to tell me it’s not a completely different feel. Took me two days to get my Franchise Rosters set up - it’s just a different animal when you’re on the mound and you miss your spot. Opening day had to work my tail off for 6-7 strike outs. Sample Size my hind end - they altered CPU hitting; you cannot omit they altered it in a big way.

A quote I go by a lot in life is - “Just because something is new doesn’t mean it’s better.”

Last edited by GAMEBREAKER85; 07-02-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-02-2023, 11:19 AM   #133
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
Play MLB22 for two days and try to tell me it’s not a completely different feel. Took me two days to get my Franchise Rosters set up - it’s just a different animal when you’re on the mound and you miss your spot. Opening day had to work my tail off for 6-7 strike outs. Sample Size my hind end - they altered CPU hitting; you cannot omit they altered it in a big way.

A quote I go by a lot in life is - “Just because something is new doesn’t mean it’s better.”
Long time player, supporter of the game.

I have to agree with you. Fortunately I was able to find the settings that worked for me. Trust me, I’m not the gamer who has to win 120 games, or lead the league in homers. I sit at 52-51 in my current franchise. Quite happy after so much frustration.

I don’t know if it was the unintended consequences of making the clutch ratings having more weight, or what….but the game changed DRAMATICALLY from the last several years.
Old 07-02-2023, 04:30 PM   #134
Rookie

I jumped back over to MLB23 today after a few days of MLB22 - it kind of helped me notice some differences in the games and had me thinking of how to bridge the gap. I played a couple games and altered some sliders and it was a completely different experience - but I must say they can say there are no gameplay tweaks in the patches; they need to realize most of us are not complete idiots.

I feel like the foul rates have went up recently, along with CPU attempting to steal more bases and only a small sample size but it seemed like outfielders were reacting very different to the ball.

Before the latest patch it felt like they had a weird jerky reaction but would usually get to everything at a normal rate; it seems after this patch they didn’t have the same reaction mechanics but were struggling to get to balls (in a good way). Placebo? I really don’t think - I even had a broken bat bloop in the infield which my SS got to but couldn’t throw out the runner; in 200+ games of playing MLB23 I haven’t seen that until today. Maybe I’m crazy but it sure seems like something was tweaked.

I also took my hitting down to Hall of Fame - there is just something that makes the timing mechanism in Hall of Fame vs Legend that forces me to go from 11-12 Ks a game to 6-8; I did increase the pitch speed a few notches but left the hitting on default… hopefully this is a good trend to get going.

Last edited by GAMEBREAKER85; 07-02-2023 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2023, 05:40 PM   #135
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
I jumped back over to MLB23 today after a few days of MLB22 - it kind of helped me notice some differences in the games and had me thinking of how to bridge the gap. I played a couple games and altered some sliders and it was a completely different experience - but I must say they can say there are no gameplay tweaks in the patches; they need to realize most of us are not complete idiots.

I feel like the foul rates have went up recently, along with CPU attempting to steal more bases and only a small sample size but it seemed like outfielders were reacting very different to the ball.

Before the latest patch it felt like they had a weird jerky reaction but would usually get to everything at a normal rate; it seems after this patch they didn’t have the same reaction mechanics but were struggling to get to balls (in a good way). Placebo? I really don’t think - I even had a broken bat bloop in the infield which my SS got to but couldn’t throw out the runner; in 200+ games of playing MLB23 I haven’t seen that until today. Maybe I’m crazy but it sure seems like something was tweaked.

I also took my hitting down to Hall of Fame - there is just something that makes the timing mechanism in Hall of Fame vs Legend that forces me to go from 11-12 Ks a game to 6-8; I did increase the pitch speed a few notches but left the hitting on default… hopefully this is a good trend to get going.
Hope you can find your footing. The presentation in 23 is worth the frustration, IMO. Now…..here’s a tweak for you. My team only. Regardless of the pitcher…I reduced every pitcher on my teams K attribute by 5. If ratings matter, then ratings should matter. On HOF I saw a reduction in Ks and now sit anywhere from 6-10 against the CPU each game. I only play one season then done, so if I have to break the damn game to make it work……
I also noticed a very slight delay with the outfielders reactions (default sliders). Funny you should mention that.
Classic pitching/clean screen.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 07-02-2023 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »