Home

Pitching Prospect Sleeves

This is a discussion on Pitching Prospect Sleeves within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2023, 05:34 PM   #1
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Pitching Prospect Sleeves

After all these years, how is the game still generating pitchers for the draft and free agency with one half sleeve and one full sleeve? Why is it even an option to wear different undershirt sleeve lengths? Is this something that any player does or has done?
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2023, 07:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pitching Prospect Sleeves

Austin Meadows (DET) is still wearing his Tampa gear, compete with yellow cleats, on the default roster. I don’t think anyone on this dev team cares about gear at all.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:29 PM   #3
Rookie

laguna_bob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Austin Meadows (DET) is still wearing his Tampa gear, compete with yellow cleats, on the default roster. I don’t think anyone on this dev team cares about gear at all.
Every year they update the gear for most if not all players in the majors/40 man, but this year was an exception I guess. Only a handful of players (top players like Judge, Ohtani, Bogaerts, J-Rod, and our cover boy Jazz) have received updated gear. Really sucks
Old 04-12-2023, 03:58 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_bob
Every year they update the gear for most if not all players in the majors/40 man, but this year was an exception I guess. Only a handful of players (top players like Judge, Ohtani, Bogaerts, J-Rod, and our cover boy Jazz) have received updated gear. Really sucks
They miss a lot of stuff. Ozzie Albies is still wearing Under Armor sleeves; he hasn't worn Under Armor anything since 2020, and I don't think he ever wore sleeves with the Under Armor logo. And they're also red in the game, when he's always worn blue sleeves. This was the case last year. They at least finally switched him to Nike batting gloves.

Acuña was still wearing neon yellow last year iirc, and he also hasn't done that since 2020.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2023, 07:28 PM   #5
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Funny you bring this up. I've been going through and doing equipment edits for all 40-man rosters before I start my franchise.

The equipment guy at SDS does a really poor job each year so it is up to us.

With each draft I manually edit every drafted player's equipment to make it realistic (same brands and TC3).

The pitcher sleeves are one of the many things I edit with new pitchers, very annoying because you're right, it is a rule
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2023, 08:36 PM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Funny you bring this up. I've been going through and doing equipment edits for all 40-man rosters before I start my franchise.

The equipment guy at SDS does a really poor job each year so it is up to us.

With each draft I manually edit every drafted player's equipment to make it realistic (same brands and TC3).

The pitcher sleeves are one of the many things I edit with new pitchers, very annoying because you're right, it is a rule
I edit incoming prospects too. Another thing (besides the total mismash of equipment brands) is gloves. Gray is waaaayyyy overused on gloves. There are players that use gray irl, but it's nowhere near the most common color like it is with The Show's generated players.

And especially the webbing. Every single generated player has the same webbing. I think it's single post. Middle Infielders should mostly be in single post or Pro-I. Outfielders should mostly be in Pro-H, with the occasional Modified Trapeze. Third Basemen are normally either Pro-H or Pro-I/Single Post. Pitchers are going to use one of the basket types, because they don't want hitters to be able to see the ball through the webbing. There are some exceptions; Jeremy Pena uses a solid 1 piece at SS, Corey Seager uses a Pro-H. But generally speaking, certain webs translate to specific positions. But SDS just gives everyone a middle infielder glove.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2023, 01:23 PM   #7
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah there’s a ton of stuff that needs to be adjusted on almost every new prospect and a lot of players already on default roster. But I know if I don’t make these edits it’ll stick out when I play the games so I’m taking care of it all now and not worry until drafted players make it into the rosters.

One team takes me about an hour and I’m done with AL East. Hopefully in the future with Ridin working with SDS it’ll be a little better but don’t expect it.

SDS needs a better default equipment guy
Old 04-13-2023, 04:52 PM   #8
Pro

I would say the bigger issue here is allocation of resources. Equipment is definitely a cool aspect of the game but the question we need to ask is how much resources do we want to make available to equipment, vs, say, gameplay?

I know it is time consuming, but it is great that they give gamers the option to update equipment to their liking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »