Home

MLB The Show 23 Q&A (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Q&A (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-29-2023, 07:10 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 23 Q&A (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I dont have the game yet. But my understanding is that everything is in the PS4 version except stadium creator. Including the new Minor league parks. Caulfield can confirm this I am sure one way or the other.
yeah, I'm mildly surprised there isn'y more buzz in the OS threads about new minor league stadiums. I guess the new Comiskey overshadows any thing new in the minors.
I can see how they aren't a big deal on the ps5 where you can create the ultimate in MiLB parks, but the ps4? where's the love for these new MiLB parks in 23?

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2023, 07:18 PM   #26
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
yeah, I'm mildly surprised there isn'y more buzz in the OS threads about new minor league stadiums. I guess the new Comiskey overshadows any thing new in the minors.
I can see how they aren't a big deal on the ps5 where you can create the ultimate in MiLB parks, but the ps4? where's the love for these new MiLB parks in 23?
I agree, as someone who enjoys playing the MiLB games in Franchise I am loving that there are new parks in this version. Really stoked for this years. Hopefully I will be playing soon.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:20 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Let's get it.

Does anybody know if there is a way to get the stance team socks in rtts this yr the usual method isn't working
Old 04-04-2023, 08:52 AM   #28
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been enjoying franchise mode. I haven't played the show since 17 or so. I set all the roster control options to manual, but my minor leaguers still get called up to triple a and even the MLB roster automatically. I mostly want to prevent guys going to the MLB early, before they are totally ready, and accumulating service time before I want them to. I intentionally left guys off the 40 man going into the season but still a couple guys snuck into the roster later in the season. Is there a way to prevent this that I am missing? I don't remember auto call-ups in previous years. The ai logic behind the call-ups is reasonable, I just want to be in control.
Old 04-07-2023, 02:48 AM   #29
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I play 20 all the time. Really getting tired of the schedule. Should I get 23 for the PS4? Is the gameplay that much better 3 years later? Thanks for any input you can give.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2023, 05:53 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
I play 20 all the time. Really getting tired of the schedule. Should I get 23 for the PS4? Is the gameplay that much better 3 years later? Thanks for any input you can give.

I am absolutely loving this schedule in 23, every team playing every team. going from Vasgersian in 20 to Boog in 23, that's a positive jolt too afaic. the 3 batter minimum rule might take some getting accustomed to. and the automatic runner on second base in extras makes for an interesting feel to thos extra inning games.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-08-2023, 01:56 AM   #31
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I am absolutely loving this schedule in 23, every team playing every team. going from Vasgersian in 20 to Boog in 23, that's a positive jolt too afaic. the 3 batter minimum rule might take some getting accustomed to. and the automatic runner on second base in extras makes for an interesting feel to thos extra inning games.
Thank you, Sir! I absolutely hate the man on 2nd in extras but this is baseball now. They ought to go to a points system like hockey.
My Astros would be 3 - 3 - 0 - 2. How many points is that?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2023, 05:21 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Thank you, Sir! I absolutely hate the man on 2nd in extras but this is baseball now. They ought to go to a points system like hockey.
My Astros would be 3 - 3 - 0 - 2. How many points is that?

I play with it the extra inning automatic runner off while in franchise mode but I play a good bit of exhibition Play Now games with it on, so I just hope the Studio is able to keep it optional indefinitely.

incidentally, I also thought I'd never go to DH on for the NL but that much I did finally decide to mimic IRL MLB starting in 23

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »