Home

Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #17
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

The GOAT is back and ready for 2020! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Very early impressions.. playing as White Sox with Armors settings (except fish eye, I use MLB 15 for batting) and sliders from last year:

Screen won't be as clean this year - can't seem to remove pitch speed and type info after each pitch? Sure I haven't skipped a setting, though please post how if you manage to remove them!

Pressing R3 has changed - it now does the same thing when batting or pitching - it displays a general field view with player stats. When pitching, R3 used to show previous pitches. Now, both previous pitches and pitch recommends are covered by R2.

Also seems easier to read pitches, I reckon pitch speeds may be nudged up in the final set.

Bat on ball sounds are fantastic.

Last edited by Greggywocky; 03-13-2020 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:49 AM   #19
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

One of my favorite OS threads.

Streaming starts when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2020, 08:08 AM   #20
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
One of my favorite OS threads.

Streaming starts when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is up JB!

Streaming will commence by 11AM EST today.

I am looking forward to testing an chatting with all of you peeps!!
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-13-2020, 08:09 AM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggywocky
Very early impressions.. playing as White Sox with Armors settings (except fish eye, I use MLB 15 for batting) and sliders from last year:

Screen won't be as clean this year - can't seem to remove pitch speed and type info after each pitch? Sure I haven't skipped a setting, though please post how if you manage to remove them!

Pressing R3 has changed - it now does the same thing when batting or pitching - it displays a general field view with player stats. When pitching, R3 used to show previous pitches. Now, both previous pitches and pitch recommends are covered by R2.

Also seems easier to read pitches, I reckon pitch speeds may be nudged up in the final set.

Bat on ball sounds are fantastic.

This is not making me happy. I have not fired the game up just yet and I saw this issue on the beta. I reached out to a developer and was assured we had our clean screen like years past. If this is the case......I will be upset.

Damn.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #22
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This is not making me happy. I have not fired the game up just yet and I saw this issue on the beta. I reached out to a developer and was assured we had our clean screen like years past. If this is the case......I will be upset.

Damn.

Oh.....I wasnt happy when I saw it either. I went through the settings like 30 times to no avail.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:34 AM   #23
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Damn.
So after two games this morning my early impressions are that 20 feels exactly the same as 19. I didnt see one thing yet with animation during gameplay any different from 19. And they didnt change one thing with the commentary. Now ofcourse this is only two games and as I play more we will see some different things. Fingers crossed.

The different things are the score bug gives alot of cool info but it sucks only having 2 themes. Hitting felt pretty good I think the pitch speed might be a little slower and offspeed pitches are easier to pick up. But was still very challenging on Hof.

Pitching felt the same but definitely was easier to strike out the CPU on default.

Nothing has changed in the franchise screens all the same. Same old trade hub. Some were interested in that.

The roster are definitely deeper and have minor league guys witch is cool for us guys starting a new franchise.

When playing broadcast type games the replays still come up on there own except for the batting order and defensive lineups you have to use the replay prop button which is L2 to see those.

And finally after every pitch the pitch type and pitch speed automatically pop up on the screen. Definitely not a total clean screen approach.

Overall not overly impressed but only two games and you all know in love the show. So I wont bash this game to hard. It still is a amazing game and I'm sure as we play more we will have those wow moments. I'm excited to play all weekend and here everyones feed back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-13-2020, 09:04 AM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Oh.....I wasnt happy when I saw it either. I went through the settings like 30 times to no avail.

It is these type of design decisions that are mind boggling to me. It is a serious WTF type of thing for me.

Well.....let’s see how this game plays. And after a lot of games we will see where we are and how we approach 20 (online league, MTO, RTTS only type of year on 20)

I still have 19 fully installed. (Franchise and classic rosters only).

Time will tell. Because clean screen is vital to my enjoyment of The Show. I hope I can get over this eye sore of the pitch speed and type popping up on my screen.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »