Home

TC's MLB24 HOF Directional/Classic SIM Sliders

This is a discussion on TC's MLB24 HOF Directional/Classic SIM Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-09-2024, 11:10 AM   #33
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratch
Have you tried these sliders with Legend pitching difficulty? Wondering if it’ll help the CPU offense a little more without tweaking sliders on HOF and without making them super human at the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried default Legend before settling on these. I felt like on Legend every hitter felt like an above average hitter. I didn’t feel a big enough difference between Aaron Judge and Kyle Isbel.

FWIW I haven’t had any trouble with CPU offense with these sliders. I’m actually considering ways to make it easier. Through about 20 games in my franchise with the O’s I have a 4.2 ERA and giving up over 1 HR a game easy. Orioles have the 6th ranked pitching staff in game so I feel like I should probably be closer to a 4 ERA or even lower.

If you haven’t tried playing with ball marker turned off, give it a try. It will make pitching much harder.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:59 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TC's MLB24 HOF Directional/Classic SIM Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I tried default Legend before settling on these. I felt like on Legend every hitter felt like an above average hitter. I didn’t feel a big enough difference between Aaron Judge and Kyle Isbel.

FWIW I haven’t had any trouble with CPU offense with these sliders. I’m actually considering ways to make it easier. Through about 20 games in my franchise with the O’s I have a 4.2 ERA and giving up over 1 HR a game easy. Orioles have the 6th ranked pitching staff in game so I feel like I should probably be closer to a 4 ERA or even lower.

If you haven’t tried playing with ball marker turned off, give it a try. It will make pitching much harder.

I have ball marker off. Only thing I have on my screen when pitching is the ability to press R2 for pitch type/history.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:27 PM   #35
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Pitching has been a little too difficult for me through 25 games so I made a small tweak and have been enjoying it, albeit a small sample size so far.

USER Pitch Consistency - 5 (Was 3)

Was just seeing way too many pitchers miss their spots way too often. I was really struggling to finish games with my bullpen because of this and as a result my bullpen was getting completely over worked.

If you’re not struggling with pitching, then by all means stay with consistency at 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2024, 08:45 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Pitching has been a little too difficult for me through 25 games so I made a small tweak and have been enjoying it, albeit a small sample size so far.

USER Pitch Consistency - 5 (Was 3)

Was just seeing way too many pitchers miss their spots way too often. I was really struggling to finish games with my bullpen because of this and as a result my bullpen was getting completely over worked.

If you’re not struggling with pitching, then by all means stay with consistency at 3.

I’m going to make this change also. I’m having too many starters with the yellow energy bar by the 4th inning because they’re throwing more pitches because of the lack of consistency.
Also, are you seeing an abnormal amount of foul balls? I’m regularly seeing multiple at bats of 10-12 pitches per game. Seems like a lot to me. Wondering if the increase in consistency will help with this too.

Old 05-23-2024, 09:03 AM   #37
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratch
I’m going to make this change also. I’m having too many starters with the yellow energy bar by the 4th inning because they’re throwing more pitches because of the lack of consistency.
Also, are you seeing an abnormal amount of foul balls? I’m regularly seeing multiple at bats of 10-12 pitches per game. Seems like a lot to me. Wondering if the increase in consistency will help with this too.

It will help but nothing I’ve seen will stop the CPU form having those ridiculous at bats where they are either going to walk or get a hit no matter what pitch you throw. Unfortunately I don’t know that there’s anything to be done and quite frankly I don’t want to spend time trying to figure it out. On top of that USER hitting has gotten boring for me only 30 games through my season, where last year it was fun for all 162.

Last year ratings mattered a lot for USER hitting, more than skill. It was almost impossible for me to hit better than .260 with someone like Ramon Urias. This year I’m batting .350 with him and other guys because if I time something up it gets absolutely crushed. I see way less variety in swing timing this year. Seems like 80% of swings are good timing which was never the case last year. Not to mention, this year if you get good timing you’re putting the ball in play or fouling it off at the very least. Last year you could actually swing through pitches even with good timing and good hitters. Felt more realistic and felt much harder to square a ball up.

Last year over 162 games I hit .263 (absolutely perfect). I also slugged .460 (also perfect). This year, though a smaller sample (30 games), I’m just hitting the cover off the ball, batting .290 with an absurd .510 slugging. Then on top of that CPU offensive sims stats are out of control this year. After those 30 games I’m not even first in average or slugging. Multiple teams are hitting over .300 and slugging over .500. Most teams can’t even do that over a 3 game series, let alone over a 30 game sample size. And to have multiple teams easily achieving both those feats is really immersion killing for me.

With all that being said, I’m going back to 23. Just had way more fun last year.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:45 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
It will help but nothing I’ve seen will stop the CPU form having those ridiculous at bats where they are either going to walk or get a hit no matter what pitch you throw. Unfortunately I don’t know that there’s anything to be done and quite frankly I don’t want to spend time trying to figure it out. On top of that USER hitting has gotten boring for me only 30 games through my season, where last year it was fun for all 162.

Last year ratings mattered a lot for USER hitting, more than skill. It was almost impossible for me to hit better than .260 with someone like Ramon Urias. This year I’m batting .350 with him and other guys because if I time something up it gets absolutely crushed. I see way less variety in swing timing this year. Seems like 80% of swings are good timing which was never the case last year. Not to mention, this year if you get good timing you’re putting the ball in play or fouling it off at the very least. Last year you could actually swing through pitches even with good timing and good hitters. Felt more realistic and felt much harder to square a ball up.

Last year over 162 games I hit .263 (absolutely perfect). I also slugged .460 (also perfect). This year, though a smaller sample (30 games), I’m just hitting the cover off the ball, batting .290 with an absurd .510 slugging. Then on top of that CPU offensive sims stats are out of control this year. After those 30 games I’m not even first in average or slugging. Multiple teams are hitting over .300 and slugging over .500. Most teams can’t even do that over a 3 game series, let alone over a 30 game sample size. And to have multiple teams easily achieving both those feats is really immersion killing for me.

With all that being said, I’m going back to 23. Just had way more fun last year.

I just passed Memorial Day on my schedule and have Cedric Mullins with 18 homers, and he isn’t even leading the league. I can’t buy a hit with Urias though. He’s 1 for 24 and finally got his first hit last night. I’ve had Holliday as my regular second baseman all season but he’s only hitting .190. Henderson, Mullins and Santander are all hitting over .300.
The only previous version I could go back to is ‘20 on PS4 (but playing on 5) which I don’t think I can do after spending this much time with ‘24 on PS5 lol

Old 05-23-2024, 09:57 AM   #39
Rookie

I may end up bailing on this season and using a fictional roster, that way there’s no expectations since I have no idea who any of the players are and how they should be hitting so there’s nothing to compare to lol

Old 06-14-2024, 12:44 PM   #40
Rookie

So I have indeed dumped this “real” season and started new with fictional rosters using these sliders with only one adjustment. I reset CPU hitting sliders to default with the exception of contact at 6. In my 10 games with that setting I’m 3-7 and have been out hit every game, sometimes by a wide margin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »