Home

Stolen bases on default All-Star default

This is a discussion on Stolen bases on default All-Star default within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2022, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stolen bases on default All-Star default

So I ran everything default for my franchise basically since June. Only thing I touched was both pitch speeds at 6/6 but recently bumped up stolen bases slider to 6 as well. Was having a heck of a time swiping bags and when I did mostly with a 97 speed player and Acuna I was getting thrown out half or more each time on decent jumps. Anyone else notice this? Also I see a ton of complete games around the league would lowering manager hook help with this? I prefer the old school leave the starters in I was just curious if that’s the move for managers willingness to take out a starter or reliever…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2022, 12:41 AM   #2
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Stolen bases on default All-Star default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtl420
So I ran everything default for my franchise basically since June. Only thing I touched was both pitch speeds at 6/6 but recently bumped up stolen bases slider to 6 as well. Was having a heck of a time swiping bags and when I did mostly with a 97 speed player and Acuna I was getting thrown out half or more each time on decent jumps. Anyone else notice this? Also I see a ton of complete games around the league would lowering manager hook help with this? I prefer the old school leave the starters in I was just curious if that’s the move for managers willingness to take out a starter or reliever…

S&B’s set has great settings for SP/RP stamina + hook for sim games….use those 3 settings….they work.

Here’s what I do for stolen bases and it works for me.
Before pitcher goes into their motion press L2 and circle. Then immediately press L1 to get a bigger lead. The second the pitcher starts their motion (to deliver a pitch) press L2.

Hope this helps.

Dowie
Old 09-25-2022, 12:57 AM   #3
Rookie

monteith's Arena

I second what Dowie said. I’m my experience, getting the extra lead is key to not getting thrown out at a ridiculous rate. And the earlier you press L1 the better. I’ve found that if you wait until the pitcher comes set before extending your lead, he will throw over way too much.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:14 PM   #4
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

You have to bump the steal success slider to the 8-10 range to get realistic steal numbers.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:18 AM   #5
Rookie

The range 9 is the most appropriate number in this case.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »