Home

Ridins Full Minors roster information

This is a discussion on Ridins Full Minors roster information within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2021, 03:48 PM   #25
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Agreed. By the time you get 6-7 years in, nobody has anybody in their rotation under a 80. Same for the most part with lineup.

I disagree a bit on the top 10 list being the only A's.

Many 18-19 year olds arent atop the prospect lists because they have not shown much. Jasson Dominguez is #28 on MLB.COM with 60+ scouting grades in nearly everything.
In real life I agree with this completely. But in the game we have to make adjustments. We have to consider that on average there are 10 new As and 50 new Bs introduced with each draft class and that adds to the problem. Some are low rated overall but wreak havoc on the depth charts of CPU controlled minor league systems in-game. The true problem comes from the amount of B potentials because this can range from 80-89 and causes more congestion in the middle as well.

I settled on 10 here even though my roster has a couple less because that is what works with the game and meshes with the draft classss. If someone does not lower potentials of draft classes like I do and most likely don't because of the work involved in it, it causes sustained problems. Not until the game starts giving us weaker draft classes a few years in.

It's a tough boat to sail but it works for me. I don't expect FM to embrace my philosophy but true to why I posted here in the first place was that the top 30 per team worried me about what the potentials would look like.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Yea they mentioned it in the stream and they said sds is aware and that they’d fix it.

Inagine if they didnt tho? Who remembers nccaa football where you to had to purchase the memory cards with the rosters on them lmao
Please don’t scare us 😰 glad sds knows now it’s a matter of waiting for ridins roster to start a franchise 🤔⌚️⏱
Old 04-21-2021, 08:31 AM   #27
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

What's the Legends stuff entail in the first release? Every team gonna have a legend on their squad?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-21-2021, 08:57 AM   #28
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
What's the Legends stuff entail in the first release? Every team gonna have a legend on their squad?

No, all the legends will be left in FA... Before they always import real FAs over the legends.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:00 AM   #29
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
No, all the legends will be left in FA... Before they always import real FAs over the legends.
Thank you for the info

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #30
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Thank you for the info

Also when you start a franchise with these rosters you can select the option of legends turned to off and they will replace those legends with generic players in the FA list and most of those will retire after the first season, so it's not that big of a deal.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
In real life I agree with this completely. But in the game we have to make adjustments. We have to consider that on average there are 10 new As and 50 new Bs introduced with each draft class and that adds to the problem. Some are low rated overall but wreak havoc on the depth charts of CPU controlled minor league systems in-game. The true problem comes from the amount of B potentials because this can range from 80-89 and causes more congestion in the middle as well.

I settled on 10 here even though my roster has a couple less because that is what works with the game and meshes with the draft classss. If someone does not lower potentials of draft classes like I do and most likely don't because of the work involved in it, it causes sustained problems. Not until the game starts giving us weaker draft classes a few years in.

It's a tough boat to sail but it works for me. I don't expect FM to embrace my philosophy but true to why I posted here in the first place was that the top 30 per team worried me about what the potentials would look like.
Being able to edit players from the draft pick signing screen would be such a great quality of life addition to streamline this. I wonder how difficult something like that would be to add? Seems it would be much simpler than allowing for actual custom draft classes, and could act as a solid bandaid until they do improve draft classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

is there an estimated time for the release of the first edition of Ridin's Rosters? Also, does anyone know if there is anything halfway decent out there currently?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »