Home

2021 Roster for The Show 2020

This is a discussion on 2021 Roster for The Show 2020 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2021, 01:58 AM   #1
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10
2021 Roster for The Show 2020

What's up fellas?

I've decided to not purchase the 2021 version, so I'll be updating a 2020 roster to reflect the start of the 2021 season.

I found a really good base to work with in the vault that is 100% up to date as of Feb 18th, and already has the 40-man roster set-up.

Since this is a solo project, it won't be out for a few weeks.

But if you remember me from the past, you know I'm very detailed oriented when it comes to making sure the farm teams are as realistic as possible in terms of top prospects, draft picks (Rd 1-3), Top 30 international free agent signings, re-rates based on production, and potential adjustments using multiple scouting websites.

A lot of the top roster creators like to make sure the farm systems have a solid mix of fringe MLB players, veteran minor leaguers, and top prospects. I prefer the farm systems to be more top prospect heavy, with still having some veteran/fringe players in AAA/AA, but not as much, as it's easy to tell a lot of them have no MLB ceiling or will never make it back to The Show.

Also, I don't know if he's on this site, but shout out to XxMiGhTy__MaNxX. He created every international top prospect, and I was able to import the Top 30 for the class of 2020 to their clubs, saving me a lot of time in creating them. You did an amazing job, and hopefully you can be persuaded into doing the same for the 2021 class.

Anyways, just thought I would share what boredom has pushed me into doing.

COMPLETED

TOP 30 INTERNATIONAL 2020 SIGNINGS ASSIGNED TO THEIR CLUBS.

NL EAST
Washington Nationals
Atlanta Braves
Miami Marlins
NY Mets
Philadelphia Phillies

NL CENTRAL
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
Milwaukee Brewers
Pittsburgh Pirates
St Louis Cardinals

NL WEST
Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Rockies
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants

AL EAST
Boston Red Sox
Baltimore Orioles

Last edited by Bushido; 03-02-2021 at 01:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2021 Roster for The Show 2020

can't wait to see it bushido. I got your roster last year and was VERY impressed.

Was a lot of fun using it for my franchises.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 02-19-2021, 11:41 PM   #3
Rookie

tiptonhr's Arena

OVR: 1

Just bought The Show 20 in the PS+ sale and I will be bookmarking this thread. Thank you for doing this!
Old 02-20-2021, 03:47 AM   #4
Just started!

NYG_MFFL's Arena

Awesome! Really looking forward to this.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:54 PM   #5
Pro

Bushido's Arena

NL East is complete.

Just an example of what I’m doing.

Zach Warren (CP) was a 56 OV with a D potential.

His stat line through 3 minor league seasons since being drafted in the 14th round in 2017 from Tennessee.

95 games
2.71 ERA
149.2 IP
105 H
45 ER
4 HR
81 BB
220 K’s
.198 AVG against

There’s plenty of hidden gems in the minors that get over looked. Warren absolutely has a future in The Show. I bumped him up to a mid 60 and raised his potential to a C+/B- as he has the potential to be an above average relief pitcher. If he can improve his control/command his ceiling could go higher as he has a 92-96 MPH fastball, and his K pitch is a 12-6 curve with heavy sinking action, with a slider and change up in the repotoir that still TBD.

Also, I decided to not increase the age +1 of the players, because I won’t be able to do the same to the non-cap players. It doesn’t make sense for Hector Nevis to remain 30 years old, and then Zach Warren aging + 1 (another example)

Last edited by Bushido; 02-20-2021 at 04:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #6
Pro

Can’t wait for this roster!!
Old 02-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Their is a big issues with the 26 man... the rules are suppose to be 13 position players 13 pitchers.. but MLB changed the rules that the pitchers don't have the 13 pitchers limit.. i hate this rule. meaning with this game we can't get accurate 26 man rosters because the game won't let us have 9 man BP we can't go over the 13 pitchers limit
Old 02-23-2021, 03:32 AM   #8
Pro

Bushido's Arena

Couple of things..

I should write their names down, and shoot them a message to thank them. But there are some pretty talented CAP creators. I have been able to download 98% of the missing Top 30 prospects (to date) and the players have looked great

I'll be done with the NL Central before 6 AM, and was able to knock out three teams tonight, and two on Sunday. It's a lot easier for me to work on this during the weekdays compared to the weekend.

Added Tomoyuki Sugano and Oscar Colas to the free agent pool, so you (or CPU teams) can sign them until they sign with a team in real life.

Sugano is the Japanese Ace who will sign with an MLB team next season, after failing to come to an agreement in Decemember. Scouts project him to be a No.2/3 caliber starting pitcher in the majors.

Oscar Colas was the No.2 ranked International Free Agent, and dubbed the Cuban Ohtani, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Bushido; 02-23-2021 at 05:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »