Home

CMDM's Retired Player w/ Career stats

This is a discussion on CMDM's Retired Player w/ Career stats within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #1
Rookie

CMDM828's Arena

OVR: 0
Arrow CMDM's Retired Player w/ Career stats

Hey fellow OS Members & MLB The Show ADDICTS. Im a big follower of OS and wanted to share my work.I create Retired Players & Veteran who are NOT in MLB THE SHOW and use them in my Franchise. I do this because I have always loved using Vets in MLB Games since I was a kid and as I have turned older I still have that passion. I have been posting my players to the Vault every year and the last 2 yrs they just took off in popularity and have 1000s of Downloads and it has sort of took me by surprise. Let me explain how my work is done....
I create a player and since I suck at faces I use DrSublime's Incredible work and just age the players. I take no credit there. The other faces I copied from older MLB The Shows and they look darn well IMO.
Now...once that's done the hard part begins. I literally start a Franchise and SIM like crazy to get the Career Stats. This requires dedication....Believe me. I have to load,reload,export,import, load and reload to get what I want...and do some workarounds to get the Srvc Time as accurate as possible. It has taken as long as 20+ hrs for just 1 player. Explaining the process would be so confusing...but I am trying to give you some idea of what goes on.
Now...I try to get the Career STATS as perfect as possible but sometines 1 of the stats may be off. For example...Strikeouts are hard to control...and they usually never are correct. The other stats are correct or within 1 or 2 points off. For example...a guys average may be .301 rather than .300. I have realized after TONS of work that it would take improbable amounts of time for the exact numbers. IMO though...these are as perfect as one man's insanity can make them. lol When it comes to ATTRIBUTES...Every player is based on his FINAL SEASON. So...(for example)...dont expect Pedro Martinez to be a 99....he will be based on his year in Philadelphia. All stats have been taken from Passed MLB THE SHOW games and the older player who have never been in those games were taken from other baseball games and tweaked for The Show.
Also...I strived to get CAREER STATS correct....so, the year to year stats were not focused on. This is another thing that would take Forever and a day. These minor flaws do not bother me and I love playing with these guys in Franchise and adding to their Career Numbers. The players mostly only play a year because they are so old but I usually picture it as their Final Season and the Goal is simple...a World Series Championship.
Well...thats about it. I am currently Importing the players from last year's game and fixing anything thats needed like age. I should have them up by this weekend There's a Ton of Players and I'm just 1 man lol. I do this as a hobby because I'm on disability for OCD and also deal with Agoraphobia/Anxiety. Playing games is all I have besides my wife of 14 hrs who has stood by my side despite the hell I live on a day to day basis. Playing MLB and other games keeps my mind off the the intense exposure therapy I do and allows me to sorta feel normal. I love baseball and I hope anyone who downloads these players will enjoy them as much as I do. Below is a list of the players that I am uploading. I am possibly adding a few more depending on the facial work. Also...I don't really take requests because I don't wanna make promises I can't keep...so, usually if a player is added....I do it because I plan on using him myself. Also...I am not a PRO and as great as I think these are....your opinion may differ, so...be nice lol...k? My PSN is below and I will update this thread once I launch all the players by weeks end. Thanks.

PSN: CMDM828

Roger Clemons
Pedro Martinez
Barry Bonds
Manny Ramirez
Roy Halladay
Trevor Hoffman
Scott Rolen
Curt Schilling
Octavio Dotel
Joe Nathan
Joel Hanrahan
Mark McGwire
Barry Larkin
Pudge Rodriguez
Edgar Renteria
Deion Sanders
Alexei Ramirez
Sean Marshall
Juan Pierre
Ken Griffey Jr.
Jesse Crain
Wladimir Balentien
Carlos Beltran
Justin Morneau
Josh Willingham
Ryan Dempster
Josh Johnson
Brandon Inge
Michael Bourne
Jake Peavy
Brandon League
Jon Garland
Sammy Sosa
Jimmy Rollins
Jeff Keppinger
Freddy Garcia
Tim Byrdak
Nate McLouth
Johan Santana
Randy Wolf
Brian Wilson
Ricky Romero
Bronson Arroyo
Rafael Betancourt
Barry Zito
Jair Jurrjens
Chad Billingsley
Henry Blanco
Jose Contreras
Brian Roberts
Delmon Young
Kelly Shoppach
Brandon Lyon
Wily Mo Pena
A.J. Pierzynski
Lance Nix
Carlos Quentin
Jason Bay
Ty Wiggington
Frank Francisco
John McDonald
Heath Bell
Placido Polanco
Jon Rauch
Miguel Tejada
Dewayne Wise
Jerome Williams
Ryan Howard
Jeremy Bonderman
Shaun Marcum
Miguel Olivo
Adam Dunn
Chad Gaudin
Vernon Wells
Carlos Marmol
Jorge Cantu
Bobby Abreu
Koyie Hill
Travis Hafner
Jonathan Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
MVP

og236's Arena

Re: CMDM's Retired Player w/ Career stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDM828
Hey fellow OS Members & MLB The Show ADDICTS. Im a big follower of OS and wanted to share my work.I create Retired Players & Veteran who are NOT in MLB THE SHOW and use them in my Franchise. I do this because I have always loved using Vets in MLB Games since I was a kid and as I have turned older I still have that passion. I have been posting my players to the Vault every year and the last 2 yrs they just took off in popularity and have 1000s of Downloads and it has sort of took me by surprise. Let me explain how my work is done....

I create a player and since I suck at faces I use DrSublime's Incredible work and just age the players. I take no credit there. The other faces I copied from older MLB The Shows and they look darn well IMO.

Now...once that's done the hard part begins. I literally start a Franchise and SIM like crazy to get the Career Stats. This requires dedication....Believe me. I have to load,reload,export,import, load and reload to get what I want...and do some workarounds to get the Srvc Time as accurate as possible. It has taken as long as 20+ hrs for just 1 player. Explaining the process would be so confusing...but I am trying to give you some idea of what goes on.

Now...I try to get the Career STATS as perfect as possible but sometines 1 of the stats may be off. For example...Strikeouts are hard to control...and they usually never are correct. The other stats are correct or within 1 or 2 points off. For example...a guys average may be .301 rather than .300. I have realized after TONS of work that it would take improbable amounts of time for the exact numbers. IMO though...these are as perfect as one man's insanity can make them. lol When it comes to ATTRIBUTES...Every player is based on his FINAL SEASON. So...(for example)...dont expect Pedro Martinez to be a 99....he will be based on his year in Philadelphia. All stats have been taken from Passed MLB THE SHOW games and the older player who have never been in those games were taken from other baseball games and tweaked for The Show.

Also...I strived to get CAREER STATS correct....so, the year to year stats were not focused on. This is another thing that would take Forever and a day. These minor flaws do not bother me and I love playing with these guys in Franchise and adding to their Career Numbers. The players mostly only play a year because they are so old but I usually picture it as their Final Season and the Goal is simple...a World Series Championship.

Well...thats about it. I am currently Importing the players from last year's game and fixing anything thats needed like age. I should have them up by this weekend There's a Ton of Players and I'm just 1 man lol. I do this as a hobby because I'm on disability for OCD and also deal with Agoraphobia/Anxiety. Playing games is all I have besides my wife of 14 hrs who has stood by my side despite the hell I live on a day to day basis. Playing MLB and other games keeps my mind off the the intense exposure therapy I do and allows me to sorta feel normal. I love baseball and I hope anyone who downloads these players will enjoy them as much as I do. Below is a list of the players that I am uploading. I am possibly adding a few more depending on the facial work. Also...I don't really take requests because I don't wanna make promises I can't keep...so, usually if a player is added....I do it because I plan on using him myself. Also...I am not a PRO and as great as I think these are....your opinion may differ, so...be nice lol...k? My PSN is below and I will update this thread once I launch all the players by weeks end. Thanks.

PSN: CMDM828

Roger Clemons

Pedro Martinez

Barry Bonds

Manny Ramirez

Roy Halladay

Trevor Hoffman

Scott Rolen

Curt Schilling

Octavio Dotel

Joe Nathan

Joel Hanrahan

Mark McGwire

Barry Larkin

Pudge Rodriguez

Edgar Renteria

Deion Sanders

Alexei Ramirez

Sean Marshall

Juan Pierre

Ken Griffey Jr.

Jesse Crain

Wladimir Balentien

Carlos Beltran

Justin Morneau

Josh Willingham

Ryan Dempster

Josh Johnson

Brandon Inge

Michael Bourne

Jake Peavy

Brandon League

Jon Garland

Sammy Sosa

Jimmy Rollins

Jeff Keppinger

Freddy Garcia

Tim Byrdak

Nate McLouth

Johan Santana

Randy Wolf

Brian Wilson

Ricky Romero

Bronson Arroyo

Rafael Betancourt

Barry Zito

Jair Jurrjens

Chad Billingsley

Henry Blanco

Jose Contreras

Brian Roberts

Delmon Young

Kelly Shoppach

Brandon Lyon

Wily Mo Pena

A.J. Pierzynski

Lance Nix

Carlos Quentin

Jason Bay

Ty Wiggington

Frank Francisco

John McDonald

Heath Bell

Placido Polanco

Jon Rauch

Miguel Tejada

Dewayne Wise

Jerome Williams

Ryan Howard

Jeremy Bonderman

Shaun Marcum

Miguel Olivo

Adam Dunn

Chad Gaudin

Vernon Wells

Carlos Marmol

Jorge Cantu

Bobby Abreu

Koyie Hill

Travis Hafner

Jonathan Sanchez

I have downloaded & added some of your players to my free agents in the past, really enjoy the work you do man!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
Rookie

CMDM828's Arena

Just a heads up to anyone who reads this...The uploads may take till next weekend because for some reason when I transferred the players from 17 to 18 a few of them had their name and face changed to something random. This didn't alter the Career Stats however. lol Anyways...I wanted to post this in case someone is wondering why they are still not up by this weekend. Also...I am adding about 20 more players with 100% accurate stats. Included aren Ryan Howard,Cliff Lee, Jimmy Rollins, Carlos Beltran and Justin Morneau. So...It looks to be a great year. I'm excited at the possibilities of continuing these players CAREER. I am going thru everyone carefully to make sure everything is as perfect as can be. My next post will be when I launch the players to the vault.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
Rookie

muaaahh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDM828
Just a heads up to anyone who reads this...The uploads may take till next weekend because for some reason when I transferred the players from 17 to 18 a few of them had their name and face changed to something random. This didn't alter the Career Stats however. lol Anyways...I wanted to post this in case someone is wondering why they are still not up by this weekend. Also...I am adding about 20 more players with 100% accurate stats. Included aren Ryan Howard,Cliff Lee, Jimmy Rollins, Carlos Beltran and Justin Morneau. So...It looks to be a great year. I'm excited at the possibilities of continuing these players CAREER. I am going thru everyone carefully to make sure everything is as perfect as can be. My next post will be when I launch the players to the vault.
Keep going man, all the best wishes!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:07 AM   #5
Rookie

I remember showing you how to do this ages ago on MLB14 the Show I believe? Nice to see you're still going at it. Keep up the good work man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 06:40 AM   #6
Rookie

CMDM828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by delv213
I remember showing you how to do this ages ago on MLB14 the Show I believe? Nice to see you're still going at it. Keep up the good work man!
Yep...it's become a yearly addiction lol. I took what I learned back then and keep pushing it more further every year. This year is rough though because they changed the player edit system...so now I have to recheck every single players face . It should make It easier for the future though.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #7
Rookie

CMDM828's Arena

I wanted to update my progress. I have been working for hours each day trying to perfect the players for upload. This year is taking longer than the past few because there is so much more that goes in to the faces and animations...so I am personally going through every player and updating everything and have spent at least an hour per player updating faces based on the most recent images of each player. Even though it's taking way longer than expected, I am super excited with the results. Compared to the last couple years the players look so much better all around. I only have a few more faces to do and then it's just making sure all the equipment etc. match up. Like I said...im pumped. I added Matt Cain,Jimmy Rollins,Eric Gagne,AJ Pyrzinski, Cliff Lee, and many more that were not in passed uploads. Their STATS our seriously perfect. I somehow got them 100% accurate. Usually 1 Stat is a little off but not on the newest additions. I will update again when finished. I don't even start a Franchise till I finish these players, so the motivation is there to get done ASAP.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:04 PM   #8
Rookie

CMDM828's Arena

Hey all...quick update. I am about 90% done with everything. I'm just making a few attribute tweaks and I'm done. I am done with everything else. For the 1st time since I started doing this in MLB 15 I hwve have completely revamped these players using all the tools MLB 18 has. From the faces,gear,stances etc....it has been overhauled. I am extremely proud of these and only wish I could have finished them sooner, but I wanted these to be perfect...that way next year I can just transfer them and be done. I will post here when I upload them...with a list of all players. Later all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »