Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2024, 03:32 PM   #4809
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
Look under BigKlu_18_
In Player Vault then add player to my May 1 Roster.
Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Oh..ok..I mistakenly thought you uploaded a new roster. My bad.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:29 PM   #4810
MVP

OVR: 0

Armor you said you were going to look into whether biebig2010 has the classic rosters in Show 23 vault you have posted.

Did you ever find them in there?
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 05-20-2024, 11:51 AM   #4811
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Figured I update here as well (Also posted in the MLB 23 franchise thread)....I got tremendous results with the 1990 roster as I move into year 2 "1991".

Here is what happened in "1990":

Finished my Cubs 1990 season and it was a blast. The entire central finished 10 games over .500:

Pittsburgh 98-64
Cubs 94-68
Cardinals 90-72
Reds 90-72
Brewers 86-76

I ended up finishing as the 5th seed overall and faced the Braves in the WC round. Unfortunately, I lost to them 2-0 and the season would end there. Really wasn't a surprise as I ran into Smoltz and Glavine and Greg Maddux for me decided to have his worst start of the season in Game 1. I had to chuckle because a similar thing a happened IRL in 1989. The Oakland A's on the power of a 104-58 record ended up beating a 98 win Dodgers team in the WS to avenge the 1988 WS.

Despite the finish, it was a great season for the northsiders.....Ryno won the MVP and Maddux took home the Cy Young. Sandberg would finish with a .319 average, 142 runs, 44 homeruns, 128 RBIs and 37 steals. He committed 1 error. Mark Grace also had an incredible season...he batted .330 had 201 hits and knocked in 108 runs despite only hitting 5 homeruns. Maddux went 18-6 with 272 K's and a 2.65 era. Andre Dawson missed the final 50 games but was having a nice season until then with a .265 ave, 18 Homeruns and 67 knocked in.

I am now on to the 1991 season and I had a busy winter in hopes improving the team...I made some swings to upgrade third base, power, and third and fourth starters spot. The first move I made was Moving Sutcliffe and his 33 million dollar contract (I was sad I couldn't do better with him 10-13 with a 5.53 ERA as he was a 74 OVR) and a couple of high rated prospects to the Mets for Howard Johnson and his 30 million dollar contract. Adds switch hitting power with speed to the lineup. I especially like his left handed pop as it was lacking on 1990 squad. Next move was getting Steve Avery from the Braves to slot in at 3 and signing Danny Jackson to slot in at 4. Danny Jackson was a real life Cubs move in 1991 (didn't fair too well, but was to good to pass up here ) I couldn't pry Smoltz or Glavine from Atlanta to pair with Maddux to kinda recreate them in Chicago but I was surprised at how painless it was to get Avery.

Now for my biggest swing to add power and a superstar.....I attempted multiple times to get Griffey from Seattle but I just couldn't pull it off. So I moved to my next target and made a deal with the defending champions who were in need of shedding salary as they entered the off-season 65 mil over budget. I was 30 under so I could take on some salary....So I moved 3 A prospects (of which two were already high rated...I nailed the draft this year) and came away with Jose Canseco and his 10+ million dollar contract. I was happy to do so because to a late 80's/early 90's kid like myself he was a freaking superhero and I'm happy to add him to the squad with my all-time favorite guy Ryne Sandberg. This is kinda akin to landing Bryce Harper in the current game. Its eerie how much the created Canseco looks like him and how much the batting stance resembles him. So my 1991 cubs looks like the following:

C-Joe Girardi
1b-Mark Grace
2b-Ryne Sandberg
ss-Shawon Dunston
3b- Howard Johnson
OF-Dwight Smith
OF-Andre Dawson
OF-Jerome Walton
OF/DH - Jose Canseco

Rotation
1 Greg Maddux
2 Mike Bielicki