Home

NEW Franchise Roster-Equipment Edits, No Injuries, 99 Durability, RP Stamina Decrease

This is a discussion on NEW Franchise Roster-Equipment Edits, No Injuries, 99 Durability, RP Stamina Decrease within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
NEW Franchise Roster-Equipment Edits, No Injuries, 99 Durability, RP Stamina Decrease

Hey All,

Like many of you I design my roster before jumping into my yearly franchise.
This year I've learned what I like and dislike about what other rosters do and decided to make my own.

I took the first roster update (Senga included), added some CAPS for Tatis and others who were missing a face scans (found on this site).

Removed all injuries I could find. Those players who were in AAA are now in MLB and rosters were adjusted accordingly. Any player on 40-man not in MLB is in AAA to make lineups and rotation stick after Spring training.
I did edit lineups and rotations, but they are subjective and not based on Opening Day or real MLB.

I also have edited ALL 93 players in EVERY organization to have proper equipment. No Generic bats/gloves/catcher's equipment (unless the equipment simply isn't in the game, like Mizuno catcher gear or Bruce Bolt BG for example).

This includes editing all BG, Elbow/Shin guards, wrist tape, sleeves, cleats and sunglasses changed from White/Black/Specific Color equipment to be TC1,2,3 so that A. players wear Gray on the road and White at home. And B. when players change teams, they won't be wearing the wrong colors. (For example, guys wearing Red batting gloves getting traded to the Yankees.) I also toned down the number of colored fielding gloves because you cannot do TC1,2,3 on those.

I edited ALL position players to have 99 durability. I've found in franchise the energy levels are a mess. Everyday players should be able to play for 162. In this game, that never happens.

Relief pitchers' stamina were also dramatically decreased.
If a RP had 25 stamina, it was lowered to 15. If a RP had any stamina over 40-70, it was lowered to 24-27 (respectively). The bullpen logic in this game is broken. If a LRP is in your bullpen with over 25 stamina, they will pitch 2-3 innings 4 times a week. With this tweak, middle relievers will pitch max 1 inning, and those LRP will not pitch as long.

It's not perfect, but it was a big project and I'm happy to share with anyone who wants it. If you have any questions or feedback I'd be happy to answer and discuss.

PSN - Lyman2616
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2023, 07:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NEW Franchise Roster-Equipment Edits, No Injuries, 99 Durability, RP Stamina Decr

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but only two players in the entire league played 162 games last year.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:31 PM   #3
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Re: NEW Franchise Roster-Equipment Edits, No Injuries, 99 Durability, RP Stamina Decr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripham23232
I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but only two players in the entire league played 162 games last year.
Very true. However, in my MLBTS experience I don't see players even with 99 Durability play 162.

Felt like putting it all at 99 will give my universe what I want in that starters play more games than they normally would with base durability ratings.

For example, I play 162 with the Mets. It is annoying having to rest Francisco Lindor every week in game, meanwhile in real life he played 161 games in 2022.

Same goes for a lot of the stars in the league.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Awesome! Im big on equipment edits!!! Thanks! And accurate lineups also
Old 04-18-2023, 11:29 PM   #5
MVP

gman2774's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Hey All,

Like many of you I design my roster before jumping into my yearly franchise.

This year I've learned what I like and dislike about what other rosters do and decided to make my own.

I took the first roster update (Senga included), added some CAPS for Tatis and others who were missing a face scans (found on this site).

Removed all injuries I could find. Those players who were in AAA are now in MLB and rosters were adjusted accordingly. Any player on 40-man not in MLB is in AAA to make lineups and rotation stick after Spring training.

I did edit lineups and rotations, but they are subjective and not based on Opening Day or real MLB.

I also have edited ALL 93 players in EVERY organization to have proper equipment. No Generic bats/gloves/catcher's equipment (unless the equipment simply isn't in the game, like Mizuno catcher gear or Bruce Bolt BG for example).

This includes editing all BG, Elbow/Shin guards, wrist tape, sleeves, cleats and sunglasses changed from White/Black/Specific Color equipment to be TC1,2,3 so that A. players wear Gray on the road and White at home. And B. when players change teams, they won't be wearing the wrong colors. (For example, guys wearing Red batting gloves getting traded to the Yankees.) I also toned down the number of colored fielding gloves because you cannot do TC1,2,3 on those.

I edited ALL position players to have 99 durability. I've found in franchise the energy levels are a mess. Everyday players should be able to play for 162. In this game, that never happens.

Relief pitchers' stamina were also dramatically decreased.

If a RP had 25 stamina, it was lowered to 15. If a RP had any stamina over 40-70, it was lowered to 24-27 (respectively). The bullpen logic in this game is broken. If a LRP is in your bullpen with over 25 stamina, they will pitch 2-3 innings 4 times a week. With this tweak, middle relievers will pitch max 1 inning, and those LRP will not pitch as long.

It's not perfect, but it was a big project and I'm happy to share with anyone who wants it. If you have any questions or feedback I'd be happy to answer and discuss.

PSN - Lyman2616

Any chance you saved and would be willing to upload a version with your equipment edits but no adjustments to durability and stamina?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2023, 06:53 AM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Any chance you saved and would be willing to upload a version with your equipment edits but no adjustments to durability and stamina?
Unfortunately I did not
And I'll be jumping into my franchise so no more roster editing for me. Sorry!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »