Home

Recruiting: Juuuust A Bit Outside MLB 15 The Show League

This is a discussion on Recruiting: Juuuust A Bit Outside MLB 15 The Show League within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2015, 01:49 AM   #1
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

OVR: 0
Recruiting: Juuuust A Bit Outside MLB 15 The Show League

ABOUT OUR LEAGUE: - OUR LEAGUE IS NOW FULL. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO INQUIRED AND JOINED. WE DO WANT TO MAKE A WAIT LIST OF GOOD PEOPLE THAT ARE READY TO GO. LIFE HAPPENS AND WE WILL LIKELY HAVE TO FILL A SPOT OR TWO. SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR TOP 3 TEAMS YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST

SEASON LENGTH - We will play an 40-60 game season(negotiable once the league is full) - This allows for a good pennant race to develop, teams to build and competition to evolve. It is also short enough that we can get through more than one season in a year.

SETTINGS - We will play on Hall of Fame difficulty for both HITTING and PITCHING. (I will find a good slider set once the game is released and some sliders are tested.)
Guess Pitch - off
Quick Counts - off
Strike Zone - on
Hot Zones - off
Balks - off
Injuries - on
Ejections - on
Presentation Mode - Broadcast
Umpire Balls and Strikes - Variable
Roster Management - Manual
Lineups/Rotations - Manual
Staff Management - Manual
Scouting - Manual
Trade Block Management - Manual
Trades - Manual

TEAMS - Teams will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. I will update this page with teams that have been claimed. (See list at the bottom of this page)

SCHEDULING - We will play at a pace of at least one 3-4 game series per 7 day week. If everyone has completed their games, we will advance sooner and move to the next series.

UNPLAYED GAMES - In the event that a game or series is unable to be played, one of two things will happen: First - If there is one party who is unable to meet the schedule for any given reason, the win(s) will go to the opponent. Second - If neither person is able to agree on a schedule time and equal effort has been made, the game(s) will be simulated. Once these decisions have been made, all results are final.

ADVANCING WEEKS - We will advance to the next series on Wednesday’s at 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time. All games not played at that time are subject to the “Unplayed Games” rules above.

PLAYOFFS - One slight deviation to real life here. Wild Card playoffs will be a 3 game series and the divisional round will be a 7 game series. You guys will have put in a lot of work and dedication to make the playoffs and deserve to play as many playoff games as possible.

TRADES - Trades will be allowed, but in an effort to keep interest in the game, you can make 1 trade for every 15 games played. This also prevents wholesale trading of rosters. A trade can involve as many players and teams as you like, but once that trade is complete, all teams involved must play another 15 games before they can be involved in a trade again. All trades will also be voted on for approval. (See power structure for voting approval)

POWER STRUCTURE -
TRADES: So that we don't have to get a vote from every member of the league to approve a trade, each division will have a representative that will vote on trades on behalf of their division. This eliminates waiting days upon days for all teams to cast a vote and helps move the process along quicker. Division representatives will be decided once all team slots have been filled. The divisions that are involved in the trade will not vote. In the case of a vote ending in a tie, the commissioner will cast the deciding vote. In the event that a trade involving the commissioner's team ends in a tie, voting will be opened to the entire league minus the commissioner leaving a 29 team vote, majority rules.
LEAGUE RULES AND GENERAL BUSINESS: In the case of the changing of league rules or other substantial decisions not including trades, all team owners in the league will have a vote and the division representative system will be bypassed.

COMMUNICATION - We will use the “Juuuust A Bit Outside” Facebook page to communicate league wide news and info. Game scheduling can be done via messenger through this group, email, PSN Messaging or however members see fit to communicate for scheduling.

WHAT IS REQUIRED - First, dedication to the league. We need you to play your games in a timely manner and be flexible with your opponent's schedule. Stick with it. The league has been designed in a way that struggling teams can improve. Be a good sport, don't be a dick. We are all adults, act like it. Trash talking (other than friendly fun) will not be tolerated and you will be removed from the league. Most important, have fun, afterall, it’s not just a game, it’s a game of a game. Take your business within the game seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously. We are looking for good guys (or gals) that want to have fun playing The Show, that are committed to their team and want to stick out a full season, or 10.

WHEN WILL WE START - I have the game pre-ordered, so I will pick it up on the 31st. We will give everyone two weeks to get the game and to get in some practice getting used to any changes and differences in the feel of the game. During this time, I recommend you add everyone in the league to your friends list and play as many games as you can against as many different league members to get a feel for how guys play. Consider this our Spring Training period. This will also allow time for some decent sliders to be developed and tested. If all goes well we are shooting for an April 15th Opening Day. Counter tax day with some baseball. If necessary, we will delay by one week.
MLB 14 The Show - If we get a full roster and every team has an owner soon enough, I will set us up in a ‘14 league to practice against each other as a bonus Spring Training and to get to know the people in the league.

HOW TO JOIN - Reply to this post with, YOUR NAME - THE TEAM YOU WANT - YOUR PSN ID or send a join request to the group page: “Juuuust A Bit Outside MLB 15 The Show League” on Facebook with the same info.
There will a very brief vetting process. We want to make sure we have players that are going to be committed to the league and are in general respectful people.
*** There are 4 “U’s” in Juuuust***

TEAM AVAILABILITY

NL WEST
Arizona Diamondbacks - FILLED
Colorado Rockies - FILLED
LA Dodgers - FILLED
San Diego Padres - FILLED
SF Giants - FILLED

NL CENTRAL
Chicago Cubs - FILLED
Cincinnati Reds - FILLED
Milwaukee Brewers - FILLED
Pittsburgh Pirates - FILLED
St. Louis Cardinals - FILLED

NL EAST
Atlanta Braves - FILLED
Miami Marlins - FILLED
Washington Nationals - FILLED
NY Mets - FILLED
Philadelphia Phillies - FILLED

AL WEST
Anaheim Angels - FILLED
Oakland A’s - FILLED
Seattle Mariners - FILLED
Texas Rangers - FILLED
Houston Astros - FILLED

AL CENTRAL
Chicago White Sox - FILLED
Cleveland Indians - FILLED
Detroit Tigers - FILLED
KC Royals - FILLED
Minnesota Twins - FILLED

AL EAST
Baltimore Orioles - FILLED
Boston Red Sox - FILLED
NY Yankees - FILLED
Tampa Bay Rays - FILLED
Toronto Blue Jays - FILLED
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Last edited by Brian3113; 03-16-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Recruiting: Juuuust A Bit Outside MLB 15 The Show League

Kyle, Chicago Cubs psn id Saint Toxicity
Old 03-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

Hey Kyle,
I sent you a message on your chalkboard (found in your Arena).
Cheers
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Old 03-07-2015, 03:40 AM   #4
Rookie

GreenLegend37's Arena

OVR: 12

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the message. I'm definitely interested in joining. PS4 screen name is GreenLegend37.

I'm a Rangers fan for sure. However, assuming you are in control of the Mariners, I'd actually prefer to take a spot in one of the other divisions in order to be the division representative. I'm trying to get my buddy to join as the Phillies and he can be my reference to how good I am with communication. It's actually what I do for a living.

With that said, here are my top choices for teams:

1. Rangers (assuming SEA isn't division rep)
2. Mets (assuming WSH isn't division rep)
3. Dodgers
4. Padres
5. Rockies

Last edited by GreenLegend37; 03-07-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #5
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Mason, Blue Jays (HBD Joe!) PsN is in sig xMasonDE95x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 10:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

Hey Mason, I sent you a private message with more info.
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Old 03-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #7
Just started!

Hey Brian, im also Bryan

Id love to join the league although Ive never done an online league before I've played RTTS for about 5 years.

PSN: Jump23mayne

Only 3 teams left, so if I can choose

1: Dbacks
2: Astros
3: Padres

Let me know Brian,
thanks
Old 03-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #8
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg21isthebomb
Hey Brian, im also Bryan

Id love to join the league although Ive never done an online league before I've played RTTS for about 5 years.

PSN: Jump23mayne

Only 3 teams left, so if I can choose

1: Dbacks
2: Astros
3: Padres

Let me know Brian,
thanks
Hey Bryan, we filled up yesterday and I did not get a chance to update this page, my apologies. If you give me your top 3 teams you would like to play with given the choice I would be happy to put you on the wait list. We want to have a solid list of of people ready to go. Inevitably, people have to drop out. You would be #2 on the waitlist.
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »