Home

Corrupt Save File

This is a discussion on Corrupt Save File within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Corrupt Save File

I hardly ever get an answer to my questions, but I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem:
In the middle of a franchise game I decided to do an 'In-Game Save' because some of my games have been freezing and I didn't want to lose my present progress. When I went to reload my game save, right at 50% load I received a "data is corrupt" message?!? I can't win for losing with these game saves, and now I may lose my franchise progress (120 games in). Is there ANY small chance that I can recover my franchise file? And if so how? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Corrupt Save File

I think I read about a few others having this problem. I think it was mostly before the latest patch. I don't think I've seen this problem posted after the patch even though there are still other issues post-patch. Unless you have a backup save then I don't think you'll be able to recover the file.

Maybe you can try to rebuild the database from XMB but I don't think that will work either. The best thing to do is just get a flash drive & everytime you make a save copy the save to that flash drive for backup purposes.

It's really a shame to see all of these bugs/problems with the PS3 version with basically poor lack of concern about them too. They have moved on to next gen focus for this game. I doubt there will be another patch for PS3 at least. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply sir. Yes, I pretty much gave up and deleted the file. Will definitely take your advice

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
Rookie

When was the last patch for the PS3? I have had this happen to me multiple times now with my franchise and have quit playing it. The last straw was when my pirates franchise froze and corrupted in my second year after having won the world series and thrown my first perfect game.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrappler
When was the last patch for the PS3? I have had this happen to me multiple times now with my franchise and have quit playing it. The last straw was when my pirates franchise froze and corrupted in my second year after having won the world series and thrown my first perfect game.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-ps3-ps4.html
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #6
Just started!

The last straw was when my pirates franchise froze and corrupted in my second year after having won the world series and thrown my first perfect game.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tionsictu
The last straw was when my pirates franchise froze and corrupted in my second year after having won the world series and thrown my first perfect game.
Just curious. Was you connected online anyway when this happened? I know it's probably an offline save but do you have your PS3 connected to the internet at all? Looks like this game is nearly unplayable in terms of franchise mode. What good does it do to setup & play this mode if the game is going to freeze at some point during the save?

I mean this is not acceptable by any means for SCEA to allow this to happen. It wasn't even fixed in a patch either. Yeah, they have moved on to the PS4 for this game but that doesn't give them the right to put out a completely glitchy/buggy game for the PS3. They should be totally ashamed!

If & when I get s PS4 this has affected me & how I feel about this game now. Sure, the focus is going to be on next gen but this is not an excuse for them to do this to us PS3 gamers. Why even release the game for PS3 then? It was just a last ditch attempt for this game on PS3 to give us something.

They failed just due to the fact of bugs & glitches. This game has always been fun to play. That's not the real issue. It's the fact we can't play due to one of the very things this thread topic is about. I'm very disappointed with SCEA!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-01-2015, 11:50 PM   #8
Rookie

I am connected to the internet. Just happened again tonight thank god I backed it up but this is definitely bs. Haven't fixed it yet apparently. Wtf!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »