Home

Q: How to Play Quicker Games

This is a discussion on Q: How to Play Quicker Games within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Q: How to Play Quicker Games

I'm starting a season and, with my limited playing time, want to be able to get through each game relatively quickly. I have already enabled Fast Play in the gameplay options. But I also have the following ideas I wanted to bounce off everyone here:

IDEA #1 … 20-30 minutes per game:
Play each game, but choose "fast forward until end of game" with my thumb hovering over Triangle until there is a RISP for either side. Play in-game until the RISP situation is resolved. This gameplay is part of the mobile game MLB Perfect Inning, but it automatically alerts you of a RISP. This is a lot of fun because I get to play in high-pressure situations, but I have little or no control over relief pitching or pinch hitters if they happen during the simulated periods.

IDEA #2 … about 1 hour per game:
Play one complete game from each series, but use quick counts. Simulate the rest of the series from within the calendar menu. I have a love/hate relationship with quick counts (few bunts, few steals, sub hitters/pitchers inherit a count, etc.) and I — like some others here and like the OS staff — have found quick counts don't necessarily speed up the game, but change the game completely.

IDEA #3 … haven't tried:
Play each game, but simulate even innings (2/4/6/8). Play the odd innings in-game. I'm starting to prefer this one, as I would get to play complete innings and I get to end games myself (unless game ends in an even-numbered extra inning).

Thoughts…?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Q: How to Play Quicker Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydangerously
I'm starting a season and, with my limited playing time, want to be able to get through each game relatively quickly. I have already enabled Fast Play in the gameplay options. But I also have the following ideas I wanted to bounce off everyone here:

IDEA #1 … 20-30 minutes per game:
Play each game, but choose "fast forward until end of game" with my thumb hovering over Triangle until there is a RISP for either side. Play in-game until the RISP situation is resolved. This gameplay is part of the mobile game MLB Perfect Inning, but it automatically alerts you of a RISP. This is a lot of fun because I get to play in high-pressure situations, but I have little or no control over relief pitching or pinch hitters if they happen during the simulated periods.

IDEA #2 … about 1 hour per game:
Play one complete game from each series, but use quick counts. Simulate the rest of the series from within the calendar menu. I have a love/hate relationship with quick counts (few bunts, few steals, sub hitters/pitchers inherit a count, etc.) and I — like some others here and like the OS staff — have found quick counts don't necessarily speed up the game, but change the game completely.

IDEA #3 … haven't tried:
Play each game, but simulate even innings (2/4/6/8). Play the odd innings in-game. I'm starting to prefer this one, as I would get to play complete innings and I get to end games myself (unless game ends in an even-numbered extra inning).

Thoughts…?
Option 3 sounds interesting, you could also play any extra innings that occur to make sure you end games yourself.

On MVP and MLB 2K I also used to play one, sim two, and then play all of September if I was still in the race.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Ljm623's Arena

OVR: 5

All very interesting.. i'm mostly a RTTS player these days, but last year i used to play every game in season mode, but i would just do all the pitching, then fast forward all my teams hitting.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljm623
All very interesting.. i'm mostly a RTTS player these days, but last year i used to play every game in season mode, but i would just do all the pitching, then fast forward all my teams hitting.
Ahh, sometimes I do the opposite, or alternate games between pitching only and hitting only. That way, I still get to have at least half of the control in most of my games.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

If you want to play every game, here is what I did:

Play one full game each series, then use player lock on the other games. If the game is close then I disable player lock and I'll hit for my own team and sim through the half innings where I pitch. Sometimes I'd play entire innings if I felt compelled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Play one full game each series, then use player lock on the other games.
Thank you! I love this idea. I've modified it slightly to suit my needs, but thank you so much for getting me thinking!

IDEA #4:
Play every game using Player Lock, locked on a particular spot in the batting lineup, in order — e.g. leadoff in game 1/162, second in game 2/162, third in game 3, and so on. I also change RTTS gameplay options (which apply in Player Lock) to "Result Play" for offense and defense, so I get to watch some game. I also get to pitch this way — about every 9th game — and get to play all the field positions! Brilliant!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »