Home

The Show 14 Giveaway (PS3)

This is a discussion on The Show 14 Giveaway (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
Rookie

nickefer's Arena

OVR: 3
The Show 14 Giveaway (PS3)

I had a really hard time selecting someone and it really didn't feel right to just pick for myself. So to decide the winner I had to do it randomly. I'll have a video posted shortly of the selection process so no one can complain "I did it wrong".

Basically the first person to 3 won.
Tallies were:
FootballFreak - 3
Timmermac - 2
Blzer - 1
CliffKing - 2
Jaquito - 1

Here's the video

Anyways, without wasting any more time...
The winner for my MLB The Show 14 (PS3) Giveaway is...

NCAAFootballFreak

Congratulations!

Thanks for the interest from everyone and the kudos.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently just purchased a PS4 and The Show.

Since I do not have much use for the PS3 version anymore I figured giving it away to a forum member would be a good option.

Rules are simple, just post here why you would like to have a copy of MLB The Show 14.

Restrictions:
You must have posted at least once in the subforum (last or next gen) before today, 6.30.14
Also, US people only. Sorry, don't want to pay or deal with international shipping.

I will pick a winner Sunday evening and update this post as well as PM the winner. I want it to at least go through Saturday so any weekend people have a chance too.

Good Luck Everyone!

Edit: If it isn't obvious, it will be a used copy.

Last edited by nickefer; 07-06-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Show 14 Giveaway (PS3)

I guess I'll be the first to reply?

I'm am a happily-married man with two kids, a full-time job and am also a full-time student. My wife is a stay-at-home mother, so financially, we just can't afford to go out and get the newest game each year. Because of this, I'm still playing MLB 12. That's right. I'm still playing a game that has the dang Astros in the National League.

I've been trying to save up and want to get the newest version because I'm really interested in the tweaks to the Road to the Show mode and am excited about the option to keep franchises and RTTS files alive potentially forever with cross-generation and cross-game saves. I think this could be good for me and my left-handed 2 year-old son that I'm already grooming to play RF in the bigs some day.

-- Stephen

Last edited by NCAAFootballFreak; 06-30-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
Rookie

timmermac's Arena

OVR: 1

I have played every version of The Show since 2007 on the PS2 and PS3, really enjoying Franchise and RTTS modes. I am currently unemployed and may not be able to afford to buy a copy of the game this season due to that status and the bills and rent that I will have to deal with when I do get a job. I do tend to post my own experiences with the various versions of the game that I've played.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #4
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickefer
I recently just purchased a PS4 and The Show.

Since I do not have much use for the PS3 version anymore I figured giving it away to a forum member would be a good option.

Rules are simple, just post here why you would like to have a copy of MLB The Show 14.

Restrictions:
You must have posted at least once in the subforum (last or next gen) before today, 6.30.14
Also, US people only. Sorry, don't want to pay or deal with international shipping.

I will pick a winner Sunday evening and update this post as well as PM the winner. I want it to at least go through Saturday so any weekend people have a chance too.

Good Luck Everyone!
Great idea and kuddos to you for doing it!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Shoot, I might as well post. Still a PS3 owner and avid, avid fan of this franchise. Owned every PS3 version since MLB '09, (had MLB '06 on PS2 and went way back when with MLB '99 and MLB 2001 on PSX). I would like to include '14 in my library as well.

Now time to bring on the sap... just turned 26 years old and am paying off Master's courses. As a new teacher, I have had very little time to game at all whatsoever (I keep mentioning "I haven't played a game since January"). Teaching full-time, going through the Master's program, and coaching two softball teams means no me time ever. Hell, I'm even currently teaching summer school.

I felt with the amount I'm spending these days and the little time I have to spend gaming, I made a conscious decision to not buy it now, and if I did it would be for the Vita just so I could get my franchise or RTTS started. Lately, I've just been thinking if I get a PS4 later this year, I might just hold off till next year's version.

Anyway, thought I'd post and there it is haha. This is totally generous of you, by the way!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #6
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I could always use a backup copy...

Thank you for your conisideration
Old 06-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #7
Rookie

nickefer's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Great idea and kuddos to you for doing it!!!
Thanks! I figured I could give back to this community for all it shares. I don't offer anything such as sliders or rosters so its the least I can do.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:30 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

I know this isn't the correct thread to be asking this in but I am a rookie on here and it won't let me create a new thread. Does anyone know if I edit a players attributes, lets say speed for example, under roster management in an already started offline franchise, will it stop/alter their progression or make them regress after doing this? I see that they have Yasiel Puig's speed at 68 slower than Corey Hart rated at 70 and dealing with chronic knee issues. I know this speed rating isnt correct and I thought of moving him up to 84, +1 of Heyward ranked 83. I just don't want any players that I edit to stop getting better long term. Thank you in advance!

-Uno

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »