Home

So Is 14 Worth The Upgrade?

This is a discussion on So Is 14 Worth The Upgrade? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
So Is 14 Worth The Upgrade?

I still play 11-13 probably like 12 best in spite of 2 close to serious bugs. For an offline only player is 14 for the PS3 worth the upgrade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: So Is 14 Worth The Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I still play 11-13 probably like 12 best in spite of 2 close to serious bugs. For an offline only player is 14 for the PS3 worth the upgrade?
Gameplay wise it is, but there are 2 major bugs for franchise guys. 1 is the budgets get out of whack because teams get to much of a bump, alogn with top prospects signing deals way under value at 3-6 yr deals. The other is Spring Training the AI dont swap out position players so everyday players play every inning of the game, pitchers still get taken out like the past games though.

Its not looking very promising on it getting fixed either for the PS3, even though they did fix it for the PS4 release. Looking like they are washing their hands of us PS3 guys and sticking it to us.

IMO with gameplay as good as it is, its worth it, but unfortunatly I will have to handle all teams contracts and stuff on the offseason to get htings more accurate.

I have heard small markets still act like small market teams and dont use up nearly all the extra budget they are given.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 06-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
If you've got a franchise you're emotionally involved in, stick with the past versions.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
If you've got a franchise you're emotionally involved in, stick with the past versions.
Yup, probably this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

This game is not nearly as polished as previous years. There's a lot of quirks in fielding, baserunning, etc... that may or may not frustrate you. They certainly frustrate me.

But even with the random issues, this game is WAY better than any other iteration of The Show, ever, in my opinion.

Physics are better. Hitting is better. Pitching is better. The CPU AI is better, especially at the plate.
I could go on but I haven't had any coffee today so I'm just gonna end with "go get the game"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
This game is not nearly as polished as previous years. There's a lot of quirks in fielding, baserunning, etc... that may or may not frustrate you. They certainly frustrate me.

But even with the random issues, this game is WAY better than any other iteration of The Show, ever, in my opinion.

Physics are better. Hitting is better. Pitching is better. The CPU AI is better, especially at the plate.
I could go on but I haven't had any coffee today so I'm just gonna end with "go get the game"
Is the hitting window closer to 12 or 13?
Old 06-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 24

Whether the timing window itself is closer to '13 or '12... I don't know the answer to that. What I can say is that I found hitting to be decent in '12, terrible in '13. By comparison, hitting in The Show '14 is nothing short of stellar.

It's clear that SCEA made fixes and improvements behind-the-scenes, so the overall experience of hitting is nothing like it was in '13.

So if you share my opinions on the previous 2 games, I'm confident you will enjoy the hitting this year.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #8
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

13 is clearly the best in the series imo. I've gone back to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »