Home

Prospect developement issues

This is a discussion on Prospect developement issues within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Prospect developement issues

So i am in year 3 of my franchise now. my goal was ot build with young talent. which has been fine for hitters. The issue is with pitchers do not develope. I understand that it takes a few years, but at this rate i do not think i could replace pitchers with a prospect if they were to leave, my best prospect, who was said to be ready for majors within 2 years, will not be ready for at least 2-3 years. I have seen this across all fo the franchises.

Has anyone found a good way to develope prospects?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Prospect developement issues

Update:

It looks like the prospects can progress up to 5-6points overall if they have a good year with A potential. I have a SP yhe was 18 yo, 65 OVR amd A potential. After year 1 he went to 70, year 2 74.

I also have an outfielder that was 21 yo 82 OVR and A potential. Year one he went to 87. Year 2 he went to 91.

so there is proof that they progress, if they have a decent year. I camt be mad at them not progressing after a bad year, since I want the game realistic.

I did have a CP go from B potential to A, was happy about that one.

Hope this helps. I will give some more examples when I see them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
Just started!

yes, I camt be mad at them not progressing after a bad year, since I want the game realistic.thanks
Old 06-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Another update:
It looks like if you get an email saying something along the lines of "so and so is really prgressing and may force his way into our plans early" what ever you were training him in will get double the points. i was training a 3B in contact, before the email he had gone up +6 in both L and R. after the email he went up a total of +12 for the year, i was happy. i had a pitcher do this also, so be glad when you get those emails.

Another point i have noticed is that a pitchers velocity and movement will go down if not trained, no matter thier age. it is only about 1 point per year, but after 30ish, it compounds.

Pitchers take forever to get to the majors, i have not had a pithcer ready to hit the majors yet. although, i think that after year 4, i will have a closer and starter ready to take over a spot in the rotation. I say this so i can reccomend that you invest heavily, year 1 in pitching prospects in order to build your farm system for a time that you will be able to use them. hitters are hitters, most of mine have something they can be good at, even at a young age.

Dont draft fielding. yes, fielding is important, but it does not progress players. if you have the choice between a good defensive SS and a SS that has 50+ in contact and power, go with the secind one. the game requires the player to hit well in order to progress well. i am currently very lucky because my SS is 24, 94 rated, great defensivley, and can hit over .250. if he couldnt, his potential could drop. this needs to be fixed.

Trade deadline: Playoff push. if a team is in playoff push mode and really needs a good 2B, and wants yours, they may be willing to overpay in other departments, i got Fernandez from the Marlins because they really needed a hitter, so i gave them one and a couple good pitching prospects. both sides are happy.

i will keep adding any interesting finds as i go. enjoy.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Thats good to hear that if a prospects has a bad year they dont prgress. In the past performance didnt really effect anything, s glad to see it does now.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »