Home

Handling hot/cold streaks in lineups

This is a discussion on Handling hot/cold streaks in lineups within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Austin Hawk's Arena

OVR: 1
Handling hot/cold streaks in lineups

I know that hot and cold streaks reflect the preceding five days, based on other threads. When handling lineups between games I tend to bench cold players and start hot players even if they are rated lower.

My concern is that a cold player, when benched, doesn't get many, if any at bats. Thus, his cold streak seems to linger for a while and his training progression is more likely to take a hit.

So should I continue to bench cold streakers even if it drags out the streak, or should I let them "play it out" even if they aren't hitting as well, just to give them a chance to break out of their slump sooner?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Handling hot/cold streaks in lineups

I still play them though I might move them down in the order or give them an extra day off. I try to get them out of the cold streak by trying to make sure the AB's are quality and tighten the strike zone even more, etc. But you have to play them to get them out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »