Home

Franchise: Yankee Roster Year 2?

This is a discussion on Franchise: Yankee Roster Year 2? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise: Yankee Roster Year 2?

I'm in September of my first year as the Yankees and was just wondering what offseason moves some guys have made. If anyone could post a roster or lineup/rotation for their second year Yankee team, I would appreciate it. Just looking for some ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Franchise: Yankee Roster Year 2?

It really depends on who retires. Is Mo, Andy, and Kuroda gone? Are you going to replace them with FAs or with your own prospects? How do you want to construct your team?

For me, if Andy and Kuroda retire, I'm signing Hughes to a long-term deal. That will at least give me CC, Pineda, Hughes, Nova, and Phelps as my base rotation. From there I make adjustments based on the past season. For me, Adam Warren and David Phelps both have out-performed Nova by a long shot, so I'll be shopping Nova as part of a package for a young(ish) power-hitting OF.

Speaking of the OF, I'm letting Granderson go and looking at the possibility of bringing in the slightly younger Shin-So Choo as my everyday RF, if the Reds don't overpay to retain him. That will still leave the door open for my prospects (Austin, Williams, and Heathcott) to make the team after Ichiro leaves before the 2015 season.

There are tons of scenarios, but without knowing what is going on in your franchise and how you want to formulate your team's future, it's difficult to know exactly how to approach it. That said, this thread will likely be closed, so if you want to PM with your stuff, go right ahead, I'll see if I can help
Old 05-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I simmed through a season just to see who retired and who didn't, in the one I simmed only Andy and Mo retired. Kuroda had regressed so much throughout the season that I wouldn't recommend resigning him. He had regressed down to the 70's. Jeter had regressed down to 71 I believe it was. I signed him to a 1 year 2 million dollar deal just for the sake of not having Derek Jeter in another uniform. That's as far as I got into though, as I was just messing around.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

It won't be for a few months but once I get to the off-season I will post an update on this thread for all you Yankees fans.

I play all 162.

Early strategy is to do as others have mentioned and see who retires, and what regression I see with some other vet's.

I also may make a splash before the trade deadline....we shall see.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 05-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Wow no mention of Cano lol.

Just on may 5th myself as like A&S I play all 162. Only thing I know now is that if Jeter, AROD, and Mo don't retire they will all be coming back. Also Cano will definitely be coming back on a long deal. Not sure on the Grandy man.

Only change I've made this year is I didn't like Overbay so I signed Thome. I was thinking like A&S about making a deadline splash, but with Grandy coming back on the 14th, Tex in June, Pineda in June, and AROD and Jeter after the break I'm not sure about it.

Hughes is probably coming back, not sure on Phelps I like him IRL but he's been horrible in the rotation however really good out the pen so I'm not sure. Nova has been just as bad in the rotation so might need to do something rotation wise during FA.

Also not sure what to do with Ichiro, he's been so-so at the plate but he's stayed in the lineup mainly due to his steals (13) and of course hits great arm getting a good bit of assists already.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Where is A-Aron

bspring3's Arena

OVR: 6

I like HCP and A&S, I play all 162. I just reached the deadline and made a couple deals. I traded Granderson, Tex, and Heathcott for Fielder and Austin Jackson. I also traded Youkilis and Hughes for Mike Olt and a B prestige minor league pitcher. I then turned Olt, Ichiro, and someone else (I forget) into Yasiel Puig and two B prestige minor league OF's. I am just trying to get younger and Ichiro and Tex were doing horrible. So hopefully, I am building this team for the future without sacrificing this year where I am only a game out of first place.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2

Here is what I did.. I'm 20 games into my second year using the Yankees (year 2014)

The first season I basically simmed everything. I played barely no more than 15 games. I wanted to see who hung up their cleats, who got his OVR lower and such. It is worth to note that since day 1, Jeter, Tex, Grandy, Pineda and ARod they were in Class A. They returned to the MLB Level the day after the ASG. I called up David Adams, Corban Joseph and Austin Romine. The only 2 players that decided to retire were Andy and Mo.

However, the progression those players had = horrible. Jeter went down to 62 OVR; ARod went down to 68 OVR; Ichiro had 59 OVR and Kuroda 60. The only player I resigned there, and it was because he accepted the qualifying offer was ARod. I only offered him the qualifying offer because he was the only one who still had his contact atts in mid 60's reaching 70's. And because he was 35 hits shy of the 3K.

I think Granderson was at 81 and Tex 88. Both returned obviously. Well, I offered Grandy also the qualifying offer and he accepted it but this will be his last season here. I'm moving forward in 2015 with Mason Williams. Even though Cano had a horrible 2013, I still resigned him to a long term deal. Duh.

Sadly, Hughes left to the Nationals. Earlier in the season I was involved in a trade so I got Daniel Hudson and later I traded Nova for Jon Niese. Also signed Barry Zito to a one year, 500K deal.

Anyways, to began the 2014 season I have Romine as my starting catcher; Adams as the starting 3B while ARod is the full time DH, Corban Joseph is the utility and I also called up Ronnier Mustelier to be my 4th OF.
Because there were NO good closers on the FA Market, I decided to called up Mark Montgomery. So far that decision has been excellent. In 20 games so far this season he has 7 saves with 0.00 ERA and 15 K's.

I do however, have Tyler Austin as the next prospect soon to be called up. My plan is to have Heathcott, Williams and Austin in the OF by 2015.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Hey my fellow Yankee guys, this probably isn't really the right place to post this but since I can't start a thread about the Yankees without it getting closed I'll throw it in here.

Here's the dilemma, I got 12 games left till May 31st when Teixeira comes back to obviously retake the 1b job. NowI've been looking forward to this obviously, however I didn't anticipate having to worry about finding at bats for the fill in players. But that's what's happening, now Tex is taking first base because of defensive reasons. Here's the stats that are causing my dilemma.

After coming back just 4 games ago here's what Granderson has done.

Curtis Granderson: 16ab 6h 4rbi .375avg 2hr(one a 2-run walk off his second game back) playing LF

Brett Gardner: .276avg 2hr 10rbi 13sb(4th AL) 19 runs 3 3B (tied 1st AL)

Ichiro Suzuki: .220avg 1hr 9rbi 16sb(2nd AL) 21 runs

here are the two giving the big problems as they mainly decide the DH spot when Tex returns.

Vernon Wells: .237avg 10hr(lead team 6th AL) 27rbi(lead team)

Travis Hafner: .331avg(lead team 7th AL) 6hr 19rbi .515dog 22 runs

So of course Gardner, Granderson, and Tex are starting at Left, Center, and first. Now simple solution is start Wells in right because of Ichiro's low offensive numbers, but I'm losing alot of steals and that arm that has already provided a good amount of assists.

Now I could try and move them for a SP but only one spot its really open and its currently filled by Phelps with Nova in pen. Both have performed well out of the pen but between them really only one good start so far.

Sabathia has been good era in threes low support has hurt record.

Hughes and Kuroda have been fantastic both with winning records Kuroda tied for AL wins lead with Weaver at 6, and both have era's in the twos.

Just not sure exactly how to divide it up lol, I know is a good problem to have but dang is a hard one!

Also in case it matters we're 24-18 after a kinda rough April, just one the first of three against Toronto on May 17-19 series. Came into series three games back of Toronto in east in third place.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »