Home

Can't sub in

This is a discussion on Can't sub in within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Can't sub in

I've found sometimes, yet rarely, I'm unable to sub a player in... It's only been when I try to pinch-run for a player, pinch-hitting has been fine, same for pitching. It happened again to me today, the other time was a few days ago.

The situation was pretty basic, I'm at-bat with runners on and I try to sub in a runner and when I press "yes" to sub that player in, it goes back to the game as normal but the player was not subbed in. I tried it again a couple of times without success. However, like I mentioned earlier, I pinch-hit right afterwards and it worked perfectly...

I find it happens rarely, could just be a random glitch hiccup... I don't anyone could have it reoccur, but just wanted to reach out and see if this has happened to anyone else...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Can't sub in

i subbed in a lot of games haven't seen this yet sorry but report it in the bugs/glitches thread'
Old 05-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

Playing a game right now and this just happened. Got a walk with Brian McCann, and tried to sub in Jordan Schafer as a pinch runner but he did not come in. Pretty sure I have a double play coming up now
Old 05-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

Oh and better then a double play!

Went to go check on my bullpen and was told I must replace the other teams pitcher. So I sit confused for 30 seconds, then the game says that I can sub in one of my own pitchers, HUH? I do it And.......

The game immediately cuts to Brian McCann who mind you I didn't have a lead with, getting picked off, inning over.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
Oh and better then a double play!

Went to go check on my bullpen and was told I must replace the other teams pitcher. So I sit confused for 30 seconds, then the game says that I can sub in one of my own pitchers, HUH? I do it And.......

The game immediately cuts to Brian McCann who mind you I didn't have a lead with, getting picked off, inning over.
That's just messed... I've never seen this happen to me before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Happened to me the other day - I tried pinch running Nunez for Jeter. It wouldn't let me - I tried 10 times.

Tried it again in a different game yesterday, same scenario pinch ran Nunez for Jeter but this time it worked.

...... weird
Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #7
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Just happened to me online in a league game. Tried 5 times but it wouldn't work.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #8
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried to pinch run twice in the game, different innings, and it acts like it worked but the pinch runner never actually comes in.

Anybody else seen this? I never had this issue before so I don't know why it happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »