Home

Destined to lose?

This is a discussion on Destined to lose? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Destined to lose?

Just curious if anyone else here has games where they feel like no matter what; they are just destined to lose that particular game? For example: just played Marlins and after a couple of bloopers I gave up in 2nd inning they hit a home run. Bottom of the 2nd I tie it up 3-3. Top of 3rd couple more bloopers and polanco pulls a shot to right field to make it 6-3 off a ball I threw way low out of the zone.

Proceeded to hit every ball at someone throughout the remainder of the game. Hit some balls hard, but everyone was right at someone and even resulted in several double plays. Those are the games where I say to myself 'I'm just not supposed to win this one'. Not blaming the game or anything; it's just baseball. I like that the game so accurately emulates the sport.

Just curious if anyone else encounters the same thing? Or maybe sometimes I just don't concentrate hard enough and it's strictly on me lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Destined to lose?

It's just that baseball is that kinda game.

On average, an MLB team would score 4.5 runs per game. There are 9 innings, so if the runs are equally distributed over the 9 innings, a team would score a run every other inning. It's a very simplistic argument, but that's partly why seesaw games aren't all that rare in baseball.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
It's just that baseball is that kinda game.

On average, an MLB team would score 4.5 runs per game. There are 9 innings, so if the runs are equally distributed over the 9 innings, a team would score a run every other inning. It's a very simplistic argument, but that's partly why seesaw games aren't all that rare in baseball.
Especially since in the video game world you control both sides of the ball.

Feel like you got screwed at the plate? Guess what you're going to carry that frustration onto the mound, and before you know it it's caused problems.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #4
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophils26
Just curious if anyone else here has games where they feel like no matter what; they are just destined to lose that particular game? For example: just played Marlins and after a couple of bloopers I gave up in 2nd inning they hit a home run. Bottom of the 2nd I tie it up 3-3. Top of 3rd couple more bloopers and polanco pulls a shot to right field to make it 6-3 off a ball I threw way low out of the zone.

Proceeded to hit every ball at someone throughout the remainder of the game. Hit some balls hard, but everyone was right at someone and even resulted in several double plays. Those are the games where I say to myself 'I'm just not supposed to win this one'. Not blaming the game or anything; it's just baseball. I like that the game so accurately emulates the sport.

Just curious if anyone else encounters the same thing? Or maybe sometimes I just don't concentrate hard enough and it's strictly on me lol.

I feel your pain, bro. 162 games is a loooong season, so anything and everything will happen.

For example, the Astros will beat the Yankees 11-1 one night, then the Yankees will win the next 7 games they play against the Astros.

Ever seen the 2013 49ers lose to the 2013 Lions 45-10?

NOPE.

Why?

162 game season vs. 16 game season ....

And Baseball is the only major sport where the Defense has the Ball.

Just food for thought.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Rookie

vinny_pizza's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Especially since in the video game world you control both sides of the ball.

Feel like you got screwed at the plate? Guess what you're going to carry that frustration onto the mound, and before you know it it's caused problems.
I do that all of the time. I was down 1-0 early in a franchise game the other night, broke out for a big 5 run inning, seemed to cruise a few innings on the mound before disaster. I few hits later it's 5-3, i get frustrated and make bad pitches, bang, i lose 6-5. That's just baseball, you gotta keep your head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
I feel your pain, bro. 162 games is a loooong season, so anything and everything will happen.

For example, the Astros will beat the Yankees 11-1 one night, then the Yankees will win the next 7 games they play against the Astros.

Ever seen the 2013 49ers lose to the 2013 Lions 45-10?

NOPE.

Why?

162 game season vs. 16 game season ....

And Baseball is the only major sport where the Defense has the Ball.

Just food for thought.
Very true man! Good way to look at it
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_pizza
I do that all of the time. I was down 1-0 early in a franchise game the other night, broke out for a big 5 run inning, seemed to cruise a few innings on the mound before disaster. I few hits later it's 5-3, i get frustrated and make bad pitches, bang, i lose 6-5. That's just baseball, you gotta keep your head.
I also do this. Especially if I'm having a tough time at the plate I start trying to get through innings quick because I'm frustrated about striking out with bases loaded. Before I know it I've given up 3 runs and dug myself a whole. Def agree on the mental aspect.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
Banned

Yes. All the time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »