Home

The fielding in this game has frustrated me to no end

This is a discussion on The fielding in this game has frustrated me to no end within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The fielding in this game has frustrated me to no end

I've stopped playing at this point, and I've only played maybe 12 games total. In those 12 games the following has happened:

- Line drives to 1B/3B, the fielders do a "duck move" and crouch down to avoid getting hit in the head while sticking their glove out. In one instance after reviewing the replay, the ball went right thru the web of the glove.

- Line drive to shortstop, the player jumps in the air as if the ball was going over his head: the ball ends up hitting him in the....well let's just hope he wears a cup.

- Double play ball to 2B, should be an easy 4-6-3....the second baseman runs to tag out the runner instead of flipping the ball to short. All runners safe, and of course a rally ensues.

- Hit and run by the CPU, grounder hit up the middle directly to the second base bag, shortstop is already at second to cover the throw....he actually turns his back and runs away from the groundball.

I don't know how many hours I've spent setting up the rosters etc for this game only to have it ruined by stupid s**t like this. This game looks great and has a ton of potential, but I've been waiting for the developers to fix the fielding for about 4 years now. Last year's game had the inevitable bobbles when infielders tried to field grounders to their left, they seemed to have fixed that but now there is a whole but of other ridiculousness going on.

I. GIVE. UP. (And I have to buy new controllers because I threw them in frustration)

I need sum sun anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The fielding in this game has frustrated me to no end

I have literally never seen any of those and I've played this game religiously every year it's ever been out.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

im over 50-60 games player not seen any of these...
Old 04-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Wow, I can't be the only one. I wish I had saved those replays.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

i see this all the time and i played tons of games i just deal with it but it ticks me off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Ive seen these from time to time but do not get bothered by it as much. Baseball can be a frustrating and humbling sport at times. The one play that has gotten me a few times is what should be an inning ending double play hit to Cano where he underhands that ball over Jeter's head for an error. Seen it a couple of times but try to forget about it and move on.

Plus, if you location of Honolulu is true and where you are from, my gripes with the game would definitely be short lived.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

OVR: 3

The line drives to first base/third base thing happens occasionally for me. Usually the ball goes through the player's body. Kind of annoying but not too big of a deal for me.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

I hate the duck-dive olé fielding where the ball goes just under the glove, but only because it NEVER happens to the computer. The CPU always manages to get a glove on it.

Otherwise (other than my seeming inability to stop getting errors with my 3rd baseman), I'm a happy camper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »