Home

Regressed big time?

This is a discussion on Regressed big time? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Regressed big time?

I remember a few years ago, before each game, Vasgersian would actually go through the starting lineups, really immersing me into the game, and then he would go into the starting pitchers right after. That is one of the things that really brought me into The Show, the fact that it really felt like a real game.

Hitting wasn't a bothersome chore having to use two analog sticks to put a bat on a ball. I'm not the greatest with the sticks, but I've been playing with timing hitting, and it worked great.

I hadn't played The Show for a few years until I got some time off and plunked down money for this year's iteration, and while it is an enjoyable game, it just feels like a game. Not an experience like previous versions. Friends of mine bought the console specifically to play this game, and I was one of them.

So you can understand my frustration when going online, I'm forced to learn an entirely new hitting system with the new patch, something that shouldn't be needlessly taken out of a game because a developer decided to on a whim.

Why the changes to presentation? Will this game go the Madden route of subtracting features only to add them later on and tout them on the box?

I like this game, but the progression of this game should be much more. In fact, it feels like a regression. Please don't let The Show run its course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Regressed big time?

Tar and feather this guy.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trust the guys that put the effort into this game. Taking out and adding things to the game is at their discretion. This game won't get worse as more games come out. They'll continue to make a better game, and little aspects might get better and they might get worse. Nobody will ever be 100% pleased with the game and that's the problem they will always face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »