Home

RTTS player attributes

This is a discussion on RTTS player attributes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
RTTS player attributes

Hi Im new to the The Show forums. I've been playing Road to the show and I've wonder how does each attribute affect my player. Example, does increasing base running aggressiveness make my player run faster on the base pads or does upgrade reaction time make my player get a better jump on the ball?

Is their a thread already out there that explains what each attribute does? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: RTTS player attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
Hi Im new to the The Show forums. I've been playing Road to the show and I've wonder how does each attribute affect my player. Example, does increasing base running aggressiveness make my player run faster on the base pads or does upgrade reaction time make my player get a better jump on the ball?

Is their a thread already out there that explains what each attribute does? Thanks.
I don't think there is a thread that lists every single attribute.

Baserunning Aggressiveness is one of the few attributes that I have absolutely no clue what it does, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was strictly for simmed games (when you aren't playing, or when the CPU is controlling your player), meaning it pretty much has no meaning in RTTS mode.

It would actually be great if someone compiled a list of all the attributes and what they specifically do. Especially since there are many attributes that clearly work differently when it comes to RTTS mode. For example, Reaction affects... reaction... in regular gameplay, but when you are in RTTS and fully controlling your fielder, I'm not quite sure where the reaction rating would come into play.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Rookie

AntonTc's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys,

I've probably played 3 full careers as a fielder and then 3 more as SP/CP in RTTS, so I can definitely weigh in on what I have noticed many of the not-so-obvious attributes do:

Clutch: Seems to be mostly sim based, but it MIGHT have an effect on the size of your PCI in clutch situations where your controller vibrates.

Vision: Increases size of PCI at all times

Discipline: Makes you quicker at checking swings

BR Agg - Again, seems mostly sim based as a decision maker for the CPU on how many bases you'll try to steal

Fielding - Makes you a better fielder, naturally. Like in other sports games (NBA Live and the passing+dunking stats, for example), the higher you get this stat, the more cool visuals and animations you'll unlock for fielding.

Reaction - Mostly used for simming, but if you play with the setting on where the computer automatically takes the first few steps towards the ball for you, this stat helps that as well.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Baserunning Aggressiveness is a very enigmatic(*) slider. I don't know exactly what it does in regular gameplay and RTTS (in simmed games, that's the rate at which runner attempts a steal)....

... but one test I did with the slider was interesting... try Prince Fielder (or whoever is slow as fcuk) a very very high BR Aggressiveness, while keeping BR Ability and Speed very low. CPU pitcher will attempt to pick him off more often against that runner. So apparently CPU knows about the runners BR Aggressiveness rating.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »