Home

Stealing THIRD

This is a discussion on Stealing THIRD within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stealing THIRD

i thought its supposed to be easier to steal 3rd than 2nd...but in this game it has been impossible for me.

the pitcher being a computer doesn't allow you to get any better jump. you take a 2 step lead, they always throw back. if you try to leave a split second early to get a good jump, they pause and then throw to second.

any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Stealing THIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoezz
i thought its supposed to be easier to steal 3rd than 2nd...but in this game it has been impossible for me.

the pitcher being a computer doesn't allow you to get any better jump. you take a 2 step lead, they always throw back. if you try to leave a split second early to get a good jump, they pause and then throw to second.

any tips?
just wondering why you would think its easier to steal 3rd? Its appx a 127 foot throw from home to second vs a 90 ft throw from home to 3rd
Go Vikes
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
Banned

mattndaville's Arena

unless you have speedy guy(94+ spd rating) with great base running awareness(85+) then you are just giving away an out.

Stealing third is extremely difficult in real life and requires quick feet, a great jump, and luck.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Rookie

I don't steal third very often but am very successful when I do. For me I need a guy with good speed 80+ and it all depends on the pitcher. If the pitcher takes a big leg kick before delivering to the plate is when I usually steal third. I take 1 extra step not 2. Then I hold L2 and release it as soon as the pitcher makes any movement. Takes some practice but it works.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattndaville
unless you have speedy guy(94+ spd rating) with great base running awareness(85+) then you are just giving away an out.

Stealing third is extremely difficult in real life and requires quick feet, a great jump, and luck.
You would think that is the case, but if the CPU wants it to happen, it will. I was playing as the D-backs and stole 3rd base with Paul Goldschimdt who has a speed rating of 51. In fact, I stole second and third with him, one after the other. I play on Beginner Mode, so that could be it, Beginner Mode not being realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscbears99
just wondering why you would think its easier to steal 3rd? Its appx a 127 foot throw from home to second vs a 90 ft throw from home to 3rd
That has very little to do with it. Most great baserunners will agree 3rd is easier when they are actually given the green light to do it.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcats
That has very little to do with it. Most great baserunners will agree 3rd is easier when they are actually given the green light to do it.
interesting I guess, but I have never heard that....
Go Vikes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

I have never had any problems steal 2nd OR 3rd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »