Home

Rest and injuries.

This is a discussion on Rest and injuries. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Rest and injuries.

When a player gets low on stamina due to playing too many consecutive games I'm sure we've all noticed that a pop up will show up that suggests that you sit the player. I just had Starlin Castro suffer a shoulder tear after I ignored the suggestion to rest him. Which begs the question, two questions in fact...

1.) Are players more prone to be injured when a player is fatigued? And 2.) Does fatigue actually affect on-field performance and if so, how?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Banned

mattndaville's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rest and injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
When a player gets low on stamina due to playing too many consecutive games I'm sure we've all noticed that a pop up will show up that suggests that you sit the player. I just had Starlin Castro suffer a shoulder tear after I ignored the suggestion to rest him. Which begs the question, two questions in fact...

1.) Are players more prone to be injured when a player is fatigued? And 2.) Does fatigue actually affect on-field performance and if so, how?
I can only answer based on observation because I have no idea how the game is programmed but:

1) I am going to say yes. While most of the injuries I have seen are due to guys getting hit by a pitch, getting taken out on a slide, collision at the plate or a collision with a wall, I have played guys who are tired that get minor injuries that I attribute to being fatigued (shoulder sprain, knee sprain and pulled hamstring)

2) Yes. I have noticed that tired players don't react as quickly in the field, are a step slow running the bases, don't possess the same arm strength, and/or their PCI being smaller than normal.

Again, these are just my observations.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattndaville
I can only answer based on observation because I have no idea how the game is programmed but:

1) I am going to say yes. While most of the injuries I have seen are due to guys getting hit by a pitch, getting taken out on a slide, collision at the plate or a collision with a wall, I have played guys who are tired that get minor injuries that I attribute to being fatigued (shoulder sprain, knee sprain and pulled hamstring)

2) Yes. I have noticed that tired players don't react as quickly in the field, are a step slow running the bases, don't possess the same arm strength, and/or their PCI being smaller than normal.

Again, these are just my observations.
I would think this would be the case but I'd love to see some evidence from Russell or a producer that actually confirms this.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

Isn't it weird that guys are "too tired to play" after like 5 games in a row, some maybe 6 or 7? When in real life, guys play 10-15+ games in a row without sitting? I mean I know they're tired in real life, but they still don't sit them every 5-8 games! Hell some guys only sit 5-8 games in a whole season! I just think the fatigue factor happens a little too fast!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2201
Isn't it weird that guys are "too tired to play" after like 5 games in a row, some maybe 6 or 7? When in real life, guys play 10-15+ games in a row without sitting? I mean I know they're tired in real life, but they still don't sit them every 5-8 games! Hell some guys only sit 5-8 games in a whole season! I just think the fatigue factor happens a little too fast![/b]
I have always thought this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

I've said this as well. Some players play 162 games a year. Its not common anymore, but in MLB The Show its simply not even possible.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

How low do you guys let the fatigue gauge go down before resting players ?

Does the gauge go red or something to tell me when players are to fatigued and does playing players late in games as PH cancel there rest day.

At the moment my whole lineup is below 75% with a few around 50%, i carry 4 position players on the bench and 1 is injured for a week.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2201
Isn't it weird that guys are "too tired to play" after like 5 games in a row, some maybe 6 or 7? When in real life, guys play 10-15+ games in a row without sitting? I mean I know they're tired in real life, but they still don't sit them every 5-8 games! Hell some guys only sit 5-8 games in a whole season! I just think the fatigue factor happens a little too fast!
This is true, but if you look at the stats at the end of the year the At bats are pretty accurate. If you have an every day starting positional player who does not platton and stays healthy all year. he should surpass 500 at bats. I have also notcied that if your team has a day off usually every position player well be nearly re-charged going into the next series. I really only see fatigue and having to sit guys coming into play on those series where you have 2 to 2 and half weeks without a day off. Just because a guy plays 162 games does not mean he was not tired half the year thus effecting his performance in some games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »