Home

Zone or timing?

This is a discussion on Zone or timing? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
Rookie

brewersfan08's Arena

OVR: 2
Zone or timing?

I've been using timing on all star and having trouble scoring runs and getting hits...I have no problem on veteran though but I just wanted to know if zone is easier or more rewarding I guess than timing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Zone or timing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewersfan08
I've been using timing on all star and having trouble scoring runs and getting hits...I have no problem on veteran though but I just wanted to know if zone is easier or more rewarding I guess than timing
I like zone more, I tried timing but didnt like it because when a pitch would be right down the middle and you would get perfect timing, the CPU would sometimes swing over or under the pitch and you would miss.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
I like zone more, I tried timing but didnt like it because when a pitch would be right down the middle and you would get perfect timing, the CPU would sometimes swing over or under the pitch and you would miss.
Same boat with you. It is frustraing to see the miss on a meatball, and it happens quite often. I swtiched to zone and usually don't touch left stick and I got better result than timing.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

i'm crushing everything on zone lol
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

I think that timing is heavy based on stats and then skill. Thats what I use. Zone is more skill based so if you are that good you can crush the ball. At least that is what I read here.

I am not a great player. I am set on timing and guess pitch and veteran. My mets, through april are hitting .223. I can guess the right pitch and have solid contact with marlon byrd and fly out. I like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewersfan08
Timing is crap for the reasons you stated. I've tried to get good at zone, but for me it's just too frustrating and takes too much time (which I don't have) and practice. Give pure analog a try. I've been using it all year and absolutely love it
Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I use timing because I feel like you get more realistic results, because timing is more based on players statistics.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I enjoy timing due to having players attribute contribute more of a factor to my results. I'm using a hybrid slider set I put together combining Armor & Swords hitting components with TNK's fielding and pitching. I'm definitely enjoying it and getting some great, close games.

At times it is a struggle on offense though, im just now getting a few games that I reach double digit hits. I do have some frustrating moment where I will get served up a meatball right down the middle, even with good timing it will get popped up or I will swing through it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »