Home

How are the Draft Classes setup?

This is a discussion on How are the Draft Classes setup? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

OVR: 0
How are the Draft Classes setup?

Hello, I hope I haven't missed this (because I really have looked) but does anyone know what the draft class logic is in Franchise mode?

To be more clear: For instance, in Madden they used to have 30 draft classes that would randomly rotate. So you never knew what which class you'd get but once you knew what class you got you could map out the class.

Is that how The Show does it? or is completely different?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How are the Draft Classes setup?

You know it's funny.. In madden I always eventually seek out that information. I have never even thought about that in the show. Probably because in The Show I am always trying to create a "real" franchise. However, I have never heard anything about 'scheduled classes' in the show. This leads me to think its random, but I really am not sure.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

In The Show 12, it was fairly random, different players would be available if you backed out and re-loaded. I've only re-loaded it once so far in 13 but it was the exact same players in the draft both times. I'm thinking this year that they stick.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK720
You know it's funny.. In madden I always eventually seek out that information. I have never even thought about that in the show. Probably because in The Show I am always trying to create a "real" franchise. However, I have never heard anything about 'scheduled classes' in the show. This leads me to think its random, but I really am not sure.
Yeah I know how you feel. I normally want to have a realistic core as well. It just kinda struck me today about seeing what the drafts look like and I couldn't find anything so I wondered if there was a way to create a draft class sheet.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

From what I hear it is far too easy to draft good players. I'm not sure how I am going to deal with that yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

I played around with reloading draft classes the first few days the game came out (it is like my little obsession with each game).

You can definitely template the classes if you are so inclined.

Different players come in and out with each variant of the draft class (if you are reloading repeatedly). However, eventually you can get a full idea of every possible prospect in a draft class. Creating a full draft guide would be very easy, but long, tedious work.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

The way draft classes are setup are based on the players who retire. The draft class will create enough players to fill the void left by retired players and also correlate their potentials with the potentials of the retired players to keep the league balanced.

Some people have complained that it's too easy to draft "good" players, but the potential rating is pretty volatile this year. I drafted an A potential 18 year old pitcher. He tore up the minors for 3 or 4 years during my simulation and ended up being a B potential. I have seen a few guys drop from A to B also, though I haven't had anyone bump up from B to A. I don't know if that is the exception or the norm but I haven't seen potential change as much as I have in other iterations of The Show.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
The way draft classes are setup are based on the players who retire. The draft class will create enough players to fill the void left by retired players and also correlate their potentials with the potentials of the retired players to keep the league balanced.

Some people have complained that it's too easy to draft "good" players, but the potential rating is pretty volatile this year. I drafted an A potential 18 year old pitcher. He tore up the minors for 3 or 4 years during my simulation and ended up being a B potential. I have seen a few guys drop from A to B also, though I haven't had anyone bump up from B to A. I don't know if that is the exception or the norm but I haven't seen potential change as much as I have in other iterations of The Show.
I've actually had the opposite experience. I've had a lot more potential switches in '13 than I've had in any other iteration of the game. I love it, because it seems to be a good mix of Rising and Falling and really makes you think before you move a prospect up to another level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »