Home

Vita and PS3 Users: how similar is the Vita iteration of the game to the PS3 one?

This is a discussion on Vita and PS3 Users: how similar is the Vita iteration of the game to the PS3 one? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Vita and PS3 Users: how similar is the Vita iteration of the game to the PS3 one?

Hey guys

I've been thinking about getting a Vita for a while now, 95% because of The Show and their cross platform saves and 5% because I'm holding out hope that NBA 2k and Madden (and hopefully College Hoops sometime in the future) will release good games on the Vita sometime in the future. So, the question is, how similar is the Vita version to the pS3 one? I'm only going to make the investment if the handheld looks and plays more or less the same as the console version. I think it would be really cool to be able to play franchise and rtts on road trips and stuff, but if it is not as good I will save the money. From what I've heard, the graphics are good but obviously not as good as ps3.

Advice?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Vita and PS3 Users: how similar is the Vita iteration of the game to the PS3 one?

In a word - it's brilliant. Pretty much an exact copy of the PS3 version minus the card game mode (forgot what it's called) and the online leagues. Saving RTTS and franchise progress between PS3 and Vita via the cloud works like a charm. Yes, there are no auto instant replays, minimal cut-scenes and no players in the dugouts, but other than that you'd be hard-pressed to miss much in terms of presentation. I loved the combo last year and even more this year. If you don't have the PS3 version look for the Amazon bundle of both version that ends up saving $20. I end up playing the Vita version about 80 percent of the time but YMMV of course.

I love my Vita despite the disappointing number of titles and uncertain future. The sports ones that ARE there are very solid, however, notably The Show, FIFA 13, Madden 13 and Virtua Tennis.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Vita and PS3 Users: how similar is the Vita iteration of the game to the PS3 one?

I agree with everything this man just said. I personally love the 'fast-play' feel of the Vita, where I can still get pulled into the atmosphere of the game and get innings done rather quick.

And, actually, if I look at it (Universal Profiles), I play my Vita more than my PS3.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

You could have just posted this in the Vita discussion thread as I woul venture to say most who have the Vita version also have the PS3.

Having said that, last year I probably played over 95% of my games on the Vita. Does the PS3 version look better? Sure, but for gameplay and convenience you can't beat the Vita version. MLB 12 The Show was taken out of my Vita exactly one time since last year's release date, and that was release date this year.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I have both and I love em to death....but I'd be remorsed if I didn't mention that the Vita version and the PS3 version seem to have a slightly different reaction time when pressing the buttons when pitching. When I have been playing the PS3 and go to the vita, I cannot really nail the timing on the pulse pitching. There is a lag or something. I play the vita and retrain my brain to it's timing and when I go back to the PS3, my timing is way off there now!

This is very minor and I can usually adjust within a few innings....but I do feel it exists. Does anybody agree or am I crazy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I have both and I love em to death....but I'd be remorsed if I didn't mention that the Vita version and the PS3 version seem to have a slightly different reaction time when pressing the buttons when pitching. When I have been playing the PS3 and go to the vita, I cannot really nail the timing on the pulse pitching. There is a lag or something. I play the vita and retrain my brain to it's timing and when I go back to the PS3, my timing is way off there now!

This is very minor and I can usually adjust within a few innings....but I do feel it exists. Does anybody agree or am I crazy?
Yes there is a slight adjustment needed, especially when using pulse pitching.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22

You're not crazy. I also feel like there's different timing involved with Pulse pitching on the Vita, such that I have to press the button when it's the meter is just starting to shrink in order to have it register at its smallest size. It's odd because I feel like the timing on hitting is spot on.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone know why they took away the updates from other games in the PS Vita, seems like BS to remove it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »