Home

Lots of good players retiring due to "Bad Free Agent Market"

This is a discussion on Lots of good players retiring due to "Bad Free Agent Market" within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
Rookie

Shock1011's Arena

OVR: 2
Lots of good players retiring due to "Bad Free Agent Market"

This year it seems that there is a large amount of guys retiring because of the free agent market. Last year it seemed only guys rated below 70 would retire for this reason. The most notable guys I've seen this happen to are Brian Wilson and Kyle Lohse in my sims, now it makes sense that some lower rated guys would retire if there isn't much chance of them getting drafted but why would a guy like Wilson retire at his age and rating?

The wierdest case of this happening was with Brian Wilson and I had him on a 3 year deal....why would someone retire due to a bad free agent market if they're still under contract? I'm guessing this is a bug in franchise but I wonder if anyone else has experienced it and if the devs could fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Lots of good players retiring due to "Bad Free Agent Market"

I haven't seen this, but I did notice last year, a lot of guys retired due to "career ending injury"! My main dynasty had Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, and Matt Moore all retire due to injury in one season! Hope this doesn't happen a lot in 2013!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Shock1011's Arena

yeah that sucked, last year in my RTTS Ryan Braun and Adrian Gonzalez both had it happen in the same year
Old 03-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock1011
This year it seems that there is a large amount of guys retiring because of the free agent market. Last year it seemed only guys rated below 70 would retire for this reason. The most notable guys I've seen this happen to are Brian Wilson and Kyle Lohse in my sims, now it makes sense that some lower rated guys would retire if there isn't much chance of them getting drafted but why would a guy like Wilson retire at his age and rating?

The wierdest case of this happening was with Brian Wilson and I had him on a 3 year deal....why would someone retire due to a bad free agent market if they're still under contract? I'm guessing this is a bug in franchise but I wonder if anyone else has experienced it and if the devs could fix it.
The game will use the June amateur draft as a way to replenish players. So, when people aren't signed by the time it creates new players, someone is created to replace them and they will retire no matter what.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Shock1011's Arena

I figured that would happen, but guys are under contract and still retiring in the same way, I don't think that is intended to happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
Rookie

CCDaDon's Arena

This has been going on since the games on the PS2. It's quite annoying and would be great if they toned the algorithm for this feature down. No one ever retires like that under contract, or under the age of 30.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Shock1011's Arena

I can understand if the guys are under 70 or maybe haven't been signed in two years but why big named players that are still rated well
Old 03-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock1011
yeah that sucked, last year in my RTTS Ryan Braun and Adrian Gonzalez both had it happen in the same year
Before you advance to offseason in RTTS, go to options and turn injuries to manual, then go to the disabled list and look thru the various teams to see if any big name players were out with like ACL, MCL, achilles, broken ankle, head fracture, etc. type injuries. If you find one, click over, with R2 I believe, to the list of players, find that guy, and remove his injury.

If you want to be realistic, you can re-injure the guy to start the next season, but probably not with the same injury because you have to account for the time passed in the off-season.

But be sure to change the injury option back to "ON" when you're done, because I noticed a lack of injuries when I left it on "MANUAL" by accident for a full season. Could have been a coincidence, but still...better safe than sorry.

All of this was in last year's game, I've hardly played 13 yet, but I'm sure it's similar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »