Home

Maybe I Just cant hit.

This is a discussion on Maybe I Just cant hit. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

mjranieri's Arena

OVR: 0
Maybe I Just cant hit.

I love this game and im playing RTTS was promoted from AA to AAA fater a 361 avg 20 HR 65 RBI a good solid start. played 20 GAMES IN AAA batting .125 cant hit a thing lol....what is happening im swinging in the dirt at high pitches I assume im getting more off speed pitches and sliders curves and i am having big time problems im playing on all star with TNK sliders is it that i stink if so how can i get better I find my self getting really ticked off haha i want this to be fun but not easy!! help guys??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Maybe I Just cant hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjranieri
I love this game and im playing RTTS was promoted from AA to AAA fater a 361 avg 20 HR 65 RBI a good solid start. played 20 GAMES IN AAA batting .125 cant hit a thing lol....what is happening im swinging in the dirt at high pitches I assume im getting more off speed pitches and sliders curves and i am having big time problems im playing on all star with TNK sliders is it that i stink if so how can i get better I find my self getting really ticked off haha i want this to be fun but not easy!! help guys??
There is an under the hood difficulty level increase when you get promoted, that's probably what you're experiencing. It's supposed to get tougher as you get higher up.

Lowering the difficulty one notch from whatever you've got it at should at least make it seem like it was in AA.

The same thing will happen when you hit MLB.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior AI Programmer - MLB: The Show

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjranieri
It sounds like just a slump, AA vs AAA wouldn't account for all of that difference. If you hit .125 the next 20 games, then I'd be more concerned. =) Do take a look at what pitchers you're facing by pressing SELECT. You'll see a significant variety between the different teams and games you face.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10

I had the same experience today. Couldn't hit a lick. So I turned the game off and came back. I was simply "thinking" too much. Turned it around and started to RAKE
Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

I find turning off the game and playing something else helps as well. Clear your mind.

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

I'm not sure, but I think since the difficulty goes up, so does pitch speed... Since pitch speed is tied to difficulty level everywhere else. If you fine tuned the pitch speed slider while playing AA, the speeds are going to be even higher now.

You could also try making the sliders less harsh. I think I glanced at TNK's sliders and there were a lot of decreases to human offense overall. I'm not questioning anything since I've barely even played this year, but if you're having trouble, just lessen some of those cuts.

Also take this time to evaluate the camera you're using. You might need a better angle.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

just pitch, don't hit.

i never, never, ever, ever hit. i only pitch.

veteran or all-star level.

human pitcher control -- 2

human pitcher consistency -- 8
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
just pitch, don't hit.

i never, never, ever, ever hit. i only pitch.

veteran or all-star level.

human pitcher control -- 2

human pitcher consistency -- 8
That sounds very, very, very fun!!! How come you wont try to learn how to hit?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »