Home

MLB 13 The Show Vita Impressions/Discussion/Footage Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Vita Impressions/Discussion/Footage Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Hey guys, please post your impressions and concerns about the Vita version of MLB 13 The Show here.

I'm not sure if everybody likes my idea of creating a hybrid discussion/impressions/footage thread, but i felt since this one is only about Vita specific stuff it might be the best solution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg mlb13_vita_screenshot_06.jpeg (69.6 KB, 298 views)

Last edited by geisterhome; 03-06-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, I only have a Vita and am waiting impatiently for this game. I've been scouring the regular impressions thread for info, but this is much better. Mods, can you make this a sticky so that those that wish to post Vita impressions will see this thread and not post in the regular thread. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 13 The Show Vita Impressions/Discussion/Footage Thread

I've also been searching for some Vita gameplay footage and only seen one video in a different thread. Someone said it runs a lot smoother than last year.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Here are some Vita version related statements by other users collected across different threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbo1971
Vita version:

Here are a couple of impressions from my first game:

Angels vs Dodgers at Dodger Stadium (I played as the Dodgers)

Lost 5-2 on Verteran settings. Kershaw vs Weaver with default rosters

The first thing I noticed was the baseball... Not sure if it's just me but ground balls on last year's Vita version looked like a huge softballs bouncing around the infield. I didn't notice that during my first game with MLB 13 and appeared to be much better.

I was using pulse pitching and definitely noticed that when you miss you don't end up throwing meatballs very often like it seemed last year. Most of the times my timing was off I would miss way outside or the pitch would bounce in the dirt.

Just like Bat mentioned, the Fast Forward feature is very nice and something I will probably use on many occasions.

I also hit many hard line drive outs during the game...probably about 9 or 10. I didn't strike out as often as I usually do but I'm sure I will find out if that was just a fluke after a few more games since that is one of my bad habits. LOL

The game runs incredibly smooth and the day/night transition looked really nice

The presentation itself appears to be roughly the same..... no replays or cut scenes like last years game but I'm sure that is due to this being a handheld game meant for quicker play. Matt V was excellent as usual but didn't hear much of Karros. I can't even recall him saying much of anything but maybe I was just tuning him out...

I was unable to go online or download a roster update as it would not let me redeem my online pass. Guessing that will be available by the end of the week.

I will play a couple more games tonight and post a few more impressions regarding game play and RTTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
Ok some more thoughts on the Vita version.

The hit variety is pretty nice. For sure base hits up the middle can slow down on the grass to be fielded.

Seen some big hops off the wall.

The AI misses dives more, and pitchers don't seem to field like Ozzie Smith all the time. I haven't seen the bounce off a pitcher and throw me out yet either.

I got an achievement for stealing home with Justin Smoak..Didn't do that.

Holy cow I didn't know the added new animations in the hr derby of the batter watching each ball go out as soon as you hit it.. Looks awesome! Nice touch.

Loving the game so far..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Vita version here. Initial impressions so far:

Graphically the game looks great on the Vita. Framerate looks to be improved. Need to work on my timing as I am early on a lot of offspeed pitches. Tons of camera angles to choose from which should help with hitting. Also saw GMo's hitting camera as one of the angles and it is great to hit with IMO. There is also a HR cut scene (Watched Chris Davis and JJ Hardy round 3rd base and high five the next batter after crossing home plate yesterday ) Only got an hour in last night but from what I played, i really enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
The presentation has taken a really nice step up. I usually turn off the announcing within a hour but this holds up. They say relevant stuff, not too much fluff. More fluff leads to the bad repetition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
I haven't noticed any framerate issues. It's early though but seems really smooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
The crowd looks really pixelated in that view. In the pitcher view that is alittle closer, the crowd looks great.

I will add a pic of each in the picture section.

For some videos and pictures check out the first few pages of the old screenshot thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-videos-6.html
Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
The presentation itself appears to be roughly the same..... no replays or cut scenes like last years game but I'm sure that is due to this being a handheld game meant for quicker play.

Quote:
There is also a HR cut scene (Watched Chris Davis and JJ Hardy round 3rd base and high five the next batter after crossing home plate yesterday
Quote:
The presentation has taken a really nice step up.

The first one says that presentation is the same as 12, most of the rest say they have added presentation cutscenes? A poster in the impressions thread that after every play there is a cut scene. Also read in the Q&A thread that there is replays in the game. The one video that was posted showed cutscenes but no replays. This is why we need more gameplay videos from the vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
The first one says that presentation is the same as 12, most of the rest say they have added presentation cutscenes? A poster in the impressions thread that after every play there is a cut scene. Also read in the Q&A thread that there is replays in the game. The one video that was posted showed cutscenes but no replays. This is why we need more gameplay videos from the vita
yes I would love to see some more videos too. hope there will be some more once the game is out officially.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 03-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

let's use that thread for vita impressions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

There is a lot more presentation.. Just not replays. So say, you hit a ground out to short: After the play the camera will zoom in on the runner looking bummed- and maybe cut to the shortstop.. This adds a lot.

A lot of great improvements- but a SERIOUS issue I'm finding is the contrast in some stadiums- specifically Miller Park. It is unplayable in day games- because you can't see anything... I mean it's obviously a bug- and no other stadium that I've seen has this issue..

Another issue is that since the dugout players and pitchers in the bullpen "disappear" once the action starts- it becomes incredibly distracting at Progressive Field since you can actually see their pitchers disappear before each pitch. I would have preferred they just never had them visible from this view. You'll see what I mean when you get the game.

Having said all that- this is a MUCH closer experience to the PS3 version... The presentation, improved graphics (especially night games) and depth... It's pretty damn close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »