Home

MLB 13 The Show Vita Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Vita Trailer within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #33
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 13 The Show Vita Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
My issue is if I do want to buy the game I want to get the $80 preorder bundle from amazon. Since I don't know if what I personally want improved was improved (performance), its hard for me to justify even $20 on the game if I don't play it when I buy it. If I wait and see if its better for me personally I'll have lost out on the $20 savings since I am getting the PS3 version anyways.
I understand, but you are not going to be able to check what you want to check from trailers anyways. They of course won't include the game footage where frame rate drops, etc. You can really only check by playing.

But given that you can get $20 off with the bundle, it's not that bad to get the Vita copy, and then re-sale as new (or slightly used) once you decide not to play it at all. I actually did something similar last year... I ordered both PS3 and Vita versions online as a bundle, but no discount was available (I was in Canada then.... people's lives aren't as driven by getting things cheap as in US, which I actually liked) and upon learning that the items wouldn't arrive within a couple days of release, I got a Vita version from a retailer. And I sold the shrink wrapped version on kijiji (Canadian version of craigslist??). It's a minor inconvenience but you won't lose much... You might still get a small discount off of $20 that you save.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #34
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I understand, but you are not going to be able to check what you want to check from trailers anyways. They of course won't include the game footage where frame rate drops, etc. You can really only check by playing.

But given that you can get $20 off with the bundle, it's not that bad to get the Vita copy, and then re-sale as new (or slightly used) once you decide not to play it at all. I actually did something similar last year... I ordered both PS3 and Vita versions online as a bundle, but no discount was available (I was in Canada then.... people's lives aren't as driven by getting things cheap as in US, which I actually liked) and upon learning that the items wouldn't arrive within a couple days of release, I got a Vita version from a retailer. And I sold the shrink wrapped version on kijiji (Canadian version of craigslist??). It's a minor inconvenience but you won't lose much... You might still get a small discount off of $20 that you save.
Yeah there are ways around my issue like buying it and selling it, but its more that I want to buy the damn game! I want the framerate to be there! I want to give them my money. Knowing the issues of last years game its hard to preorder it since like you said you might not know until you play it. Trailers no you can't tell, but some straight gameplay shot off a screen knowing what to look for like the crowd for instance you might be able to see some things. Its just there hasn't even been any of that like there was last year.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron
I'm kinda on the fence about the Vita version. I have some extra $$$ to spend for the system bundle with Assassin's Creed and the Show trailer looks nice, but I never seen it up close in person. What are some of the drawbacks? I've heard the graphics are downgraded a bit from the PS3 version but in what way? Lighting, player models, stadiums?
Lower resolution
Lower polygon count for player models
No anti aliasing

It really does look awesome for a 5" screen though. It's very detailed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #36
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Trailers no you can't tell, but some straight gameplay shot off a screen knowing what to look for like the crowd for instance you might be able to see some things. Its just there hasn't even been any of that like there was last year.
yes that would be great! what abt that photo thaslab took at the CD for which he needed the permission from Russell to post it?
I guess Russell won't happen to clean his inbox anytime soon, so we
might have to forget abt it...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #37
Rookie

Nexgenrulz's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
It is smaller in 13.

-- Sent from the Future...
Didn't know that. That's awesome! Thank you sir!!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #38
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Yeah the graphics blow the ps2 away...I still play the show 12 on my vita and still floored by the graphics... I love this game

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
Agree 100% here. I was so blown away by Vita graphics. I probably played the Vita version 80% of the time compared to the PS3 version.

To me all I needed to see added was some kind of celebration for home runs and I would have been more than happy to buy 13. And from what I have heard home run celebrations have been added so I see another 80/20% split again this year in favor of the Vita.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #39
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

I really enjoyed 12 outside of the missing presentation elements. I didn't need full on PS3 presentation, but missing home run celebrations blew. So the fact that they added that makes me excited. The only other thing I hope is improved is framerate. If that is improved then I will be thoroughly satisfied switching between ps3 and vita. It's safe to say that I am excited to get my hands on it.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3
Great to see HR celebrations are in. Still hoping for populated dugouts, but can live without that if the frame rate would take a hit. The Vita/PS3 bundle is one of the best gaming values out there in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »