Home

MLB 13 The Show Interview - Breaking Down Everything You Need to Know (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Interview - Breaking Down Everything You Need to Know (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #41
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 13 The Show Interview - Breaking Down Everything You Need to Know (ESPN)

I love the idea of the new steal system. It sounds very similar to 2K's which I enjoy a great deal. Part of the fun of a system like that is the anticipation of when to go. It should make things more dynamic in that regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show Interview - Breaking Down Everything You Need to Know (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Reading the RTTS piece of this, it mentioned the sounds you will hear. Fans, the occasional commentators and the opposing catcher and umpire! I wonder what the catcher is going to say to me the next at bat after i drop a homerun off them

I'm kind of hoping it will be like Major League: "How's your wife and my kids?"
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #43
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Didn't an earlier nugget on pulse pitching state one of the tweaks was for more pitches to miss outside the zone? Fewer meatballs from poor user input could be viewed as making it "easier" by some interpretations. Assuming that's the direction they went with it, I'm on board.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #44
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Didn't an earlier nugget on pulse pitching state one of the tweaks was for more pitches to miss outside the zone? Fewer meatballs from poor user input could be viewed as making it "easier" by some interpretations. Assuming that's the direction they went with it, I'm on board.
It is.
Nem and H&V both feel as though pulse is more difficult this year in regards to hitting the strikezone(you'll miss outside the zone more) if you're not hitting the pulse at a good spot.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It is.
Nem and H&V both feel as though pulse is more difficult this year in regards to hitting the strikezone(you'll miss outside the zone more) if you're not hitting the pulse at a good spot.

M.K.
Knight165
Is it less likely to induce seizures as well?
If so I will definitely be giving Pulse another go around this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Is it less likely to induce seizures as well?
If so I will definitely be giving Pulse another go around this year.
Yeah....it is.
You'll be able to use it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #47
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I am not quite sure why it is being labeled as easier. The mechanic has been retooled quite nicely, meatballs have been dramatically reduced and you can miss outside the zone by a large margin. You can actually throw wild pitches with the mechanic now which is a welcomed change. I know H&V had some issues with fastballs being too perfect and not variable enough, you can miss by a large margin on balls up and down in the zone but fastballs stay pretty true left/right in the zone.

One component that did not make it in was the addition of determining velocity, basically came down to running out of time. I think it would have been a nice addition and would add another layer to the mechanic.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #48
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am not quite sure why it is being labeled as easier. The mechanic has been retooled quite nicely, meatballs have been dramatically reduced and you can miss outside the zone by a large margin. You can actually throw wild pitches with the mechanic now which is a welcomed change. I know H&V had some issues with fastballs being too perfect and not variable enough, you can miss by a large margin on balls up and down in the zone but fastballs stay pretty true left/right in the zone.

One component that did not make it in was the addition of determining velocity, basically came down to running out of time. I think it would have been a nice addition and would add another layer to the mechanic.
As long as the CPU picks the right time to amp up the velo I'm okay with this... last year I would have pitchers throwing max velocity on 3-0 quite often lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »