Home

First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

This is a discussion on First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #57
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by queman11
Russell, in Franchise, are the promos expanded and will they be integrated in to the actual gameplay? FOr example if it's bobblehead night, I would like to select, say Mike Trout and have it show on the Jumbotron

The promotion aspect of Franchise mode was removed in favor in a complete re-design of scouting, player progression/regression, and incentive based budget increases/decreases.

Previously in the show you would set all those prices for hot dogs, bobble heads, etc... have 100 million in funds that you couldn't spend on player personnel decisions. It was kind of pointless and we needed the memory for the core a.i. rewrites that were done this year for the season modes.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 12-12-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #58
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The promotion aspect of Franchise mode was removed in favor in a complete resigned of scouting, player progression/regression, and incentive based budget increases/decreases.

Previously in the show you would set all those prices for hot dogs, bobble heads, etc... have 100 million in funds that you couldn't spend on player personnel decisions. It was kind of pointless and we needed the memory for the core a.i. rewrites that were done this year for the season modes.
Excellent move if you ask me. That stuff was fun back on the PS2, just pointless/busywork now.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #59
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
The promotion aspect of Franchise mode was removed in favor in a complete re-design of scouting, player progression/regression, and incentive based budget increases/decreases.

Step 1!
(and something tells me there is a bit more)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #60
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11

Probably a little too early to ask this, but, will we finally be able to change potential as an option when editing players ? It's quite tedious having to copy/create a new player just to change potential.

Also *fingers crossed* it sounds like maybe we got a more true to real life dynamic potential/progression feature in.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #61
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksdaniel99
Probably a little too early to ask this, but, will we finally be able to change potential as an option when editing players ? It's quite tedious having to copy/create a new player just to change potential.

Also *fingers crossed* it sounds like maybe we got a more true to real life dynamic potential/progression feature in.
No on changing potential as it would unbalance the game and cause some budget issues.

The game tries to keep the same number of A/B/C/D potential players in the league every year. So when a couple of A potential players retire it will generate new ones in the next draft and vice versa.

If we allowed users to change potentials there would be more than a few nasty side effects right now. The most important one is player contracts are largely determined by a players overall and if you started editing guys and making some extra A rated players 5 years down the line there will be some problems with budgets and highly rated players not being signed by teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #62
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
No on changing potential as it would unbalance the game and cause some budget issues.

The game tries to keep the same number of A/B/C/D potential players in the league every year. So when a couple of A potential players retire it will generate new ones in the next draft and vice versa.

If we allowed users to change potentials there would be more than a few nasty side effects right now. The most important one is player contracts are largely determined by a players overall and if you started editing guys and making some extra A rated players 5 years down the line there will be some problems with budgets and highly rated players not being signed by teams.
Damn, so the draft is still tied to retirements and contracts are still overall based... Not really what I was hoping to hear but oh well, I'm really excited about what has potentially changed about player progression/regression, hopefully its something along the lines of incorporating a proper age curve and making potential independent of overall... There needs to be a way to create high ceiling, low floor prospects!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #63
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
or just kidding around.

M.K.
Knight165
Or just.... I've got nothing lol
Old 12-13-2012, 03:36 AM   #64
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Russell said hitting timing will be adjusted slightly in MLB 13 The Show to give batters a more satisfying payoff on solid contact. "You're going to see more offense like you do in real life," he said, addressing criticisms that The Show's rigorous contact physics last year made the game a station-to-station game of base hits for most novices. "If you square up on a fastball, it's going to be hit harder than it was before," Russell added. "People are going to be very surprised."
I hope this won't end up making the game overall easier though. (I'm one of those masochistic player who enjoys failing 70% of my at bats.)

Nothing against making it more approachable for beginners and I do think the Show should've been doing much more in that regard... something like PYS does introducing all the game controls with intro practice modes.

I feel the higher difficulty levels (All-star and above) are mostly well balanced the way they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »