Home

RTTS, Trades, and You

This is a discussion on RTTS, Trades, and You within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTTS, Trades, and You

I'm stuck on a team I don't want to be on, the Royals. The team itself isn't too bad, but I hate the ballpark. For some reason I hit 140 points lower at home, and as a RF I hate the curved corners in the outfield. Whenever I ask to be traded they say no.

Is there nothing I can do short of starting all over (which I'd prefer not to do)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OSUPoke2007's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: RTTS, Trades, and You

Unfortunately, There's not much I think you can do other than stick it out until you hit free agency in 6 years.

Maybe the team will finally trade you after repeated requests.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

RunningTheNight's Arena

OVR: 6
If you do poorly, you'll be sent down. Yay, new ballpark!

PSN: RunningTheNight
Old 05-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

This is crazy that this came up because I get traded CONSTANTLY, against my wishes. My most recent and more permanent RTTS I was drafted by the Yankees and got traded on June 3rd with Nick Swisher and Michael Pineda to the Dodgers for Andre Ethier. First of all, what a shaft job by the Dodgers. Possible ace, quality MLB outfielder, solid prospect (me) for a guy who is all numbers and less talent. Right after that, the Dodgers traded for Jacob Turner from Detroit.

The RTTS before that, I was traded twice in one year and ended up quitting because I had no interest in playing in the Orioles organization after I had selected the Cubs.

I've never once been able to force a trade. The times I wanted one because I was doing well and not getting called up, they say I'm too valuable. I'm not sure what ways you can force it, you'll just have to play it out or start over. If you don't see the ball well at home (a problem I have with a ton of minor league parks), just try to stay back on the ball and slap it so you see it longer. I hit terribly at home, not because I don't see it but because the dimensions and the gigantic outfield walls. It's like trying to hit a ball out of the Grand Canyon.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
Rookie

RunningTheNight's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
It's like trying to hit a ball out of the Grand Canyon.
What park are you referring?

PSN: RunningTheNight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
This is crazy that this came up because I get traded CONSTANTLY, against my wishes.
Yea that sucks when that happens. I can't remember what team I was playing for .. Tampa or the Ranger maybe .. I signed a huge 4 year deal thinking yea I'll stay here. Literally the next day I was traded to the Twins I believe in a stupid deal. First off why sign a guy to a huge deal then trade him (maybe it was too much money for them) .. second the twins or whoever it was can't afford huge contracts.. Kind of lame
Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

My current RTTS, I am a SP and rolled through AA and AAA in my first season (passed all goals). And signed a One-year 13.5 million dollar deal to start in AAA the next year??? That is what the CPU offered me. A one year deal to a nineteen year old SP prospect? I don't feel the CPU handles prospects adequately, as you can sort of see in franchise mode as well.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTheNight
What park are you referring?
Wagonman Stadium is my home stadium for AAA Albuquerque. 363 down the line (although the wall curves some) and 421 to dead center. There are national parks smaller than this stadium. The power alleys are probably an even 400.

I hit 200 points lower at home than on the road and I've had at least a handful of balls go to the track in the alley that would be easy homers anywhere else. This place is brutal.

Majestic Greens Stadium is where I used to play and it's not better. Like 375 to left and right and 410 to dead center with the tall wall across the whole field. I've actually hit a homer to dead center in that place though.

Last edited by PowerofRed25; 05-18-2012 at 05:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »