Home

Superstars and Prospects...

This is a discussion on Superstars and Prospects... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Superstars and Prospects...

Ive been in this debacle for a while now...
In my franchise Im the Red Sox... they have superstars and also have some good prospects...

How do you guys manage your superstars and prospects?

I never get very far in terms of years but this year Im simming more so I can use my prospects in the majors and scout players and actually use them...
In my situation(Red Sox) I have prospects who have a good shot at making an impact at the majors, so do you guys either pick your superstar or prospect and go forth with one or use your prospects on the bench and transition them into the lineup?

Id love to use a team like the Astros and build a team but I wont use any other team than the Sox...

How do you guys manage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Superstars and Prospects...

If you are using OSFM I'd imagine that one of those players would be Will Middlebrooks. I'm playing as the Red Sox too (of course) and I wanted to keep Middlebrooks in AAA until he did well, and of course he hits .400 in April with 3 HRs and I call him up. But to answer your question, I wait until they force my hand then find an opening (right now Middlebrooks is playing great at SS) and I use them as utility players for a year or so. My requirement to make something a secondary position is 15 games at any level, so Middlebrooks will have probably SS and 2b or RF when the season is done.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
Ive been in this debacle for a while now...
In my franchise Im the Red Sox... they have superstars and also have some good prospects...

How do you guys manage your superstars and prospects?

I never get very far in terms of years but this year Im simming more so I can use my prospects in the majors and scout players and actually use them...
In my situation(Red Sox) I have prospects who have a good shot at making an impact at the majors, so do you guys either pick your superstar or prospect and go forth with one or use your prospects on the bench and transition them into the lineup?

Id love to use a team like the Astros and build a team but I wont use any other team than the Sox...

How do you guys manage?
well for the Astros there aren't any superstars so that point is moot...As far as prospects, i did research and placed all prospects with an ETA of 2012/2013 on AAA like Singleton, Cosart and Villar and placed prospects with an ETA of 2014 or later in AA...i am eager to use my prospects as well but no way, im rushing them if they're not ready...if i do bring up a highly-touted prospect, im inserting them right into the every day lineup or rotation....No use in prospects being called up if they're gunna ride the bench
Old 04-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
MVP

TGov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Slider2
If you are using OSFM I'd imagine that one of those players would be Will Middlebrooks. I'm playing as the Red Sox too (of course) and I wanted to keep Middlebrooks in AAA until he did well, and of course he hits .400 in April with 3 HRs and I call him up. But to answer your question, I wait until they force my hand then find an opening (right now Middlebrooks is playing great at SS) and I use them as utility players for a year or so. My requirement to make something a secondary position is 15 games at any level, so Middlebrooks will have probably SS and 2b or RF when the season is done.
You know what I mean, for me I plan on letting Youk go or DHing him in favor of Middlebrooks... Iglesias is almost ready, I actually brought him up due to Aviles getting injured and hes hitting well...

But I was thinking deeper in the minors... someone like Xander Bogaerts, he has a lot of upside and plays SS... I hear he could play 3B down the road...
Now in a few years when hes ready where do you play him??? With Iglesias at SS and Middlebrooks at 3B, Bogaerts would have to change positions... maybe LF???
Old 04-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Well with my franchise with the A's, i always wanted to keep my prospects in the minors so I can control them for as long as I can. Michael Choice in 2014 is one my top 9 players in the franchise and he's getting his first shot in the bigs this year. Most of my prospects or pitching prospects that are good for my team have less than half a year on MLB service, so I'll be keeping these guys for a long amount of time. SInce I'm the A's and I don't have a lot of budget, I do this so I don't have to pay them as much.

I also used Baseball Instinct 360 for ETA's and Baseball America to see what my 2015 lineup would or should be without trades. What's nice about Baseball Instinct is that it has 360 prospects all with ETA's so it can give you any prospect you need really.

http://baseballinstinct.com/2012/01/...pects-40-to-1/

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...rospects/2012/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude
Well with my franchise with the A's, i always wanted to keep my prospects in the minors so I can control them for as long as I can. Michael Choice in 2014 is one my top 9 players in the franchise and he's getting his first shot in the bigs this year. Most of my prospects or pitching prospects that are good for my team have less than half a year on MLB service, so I'll be keeping these guys for a long amount of time. SInce I'm the A's and I don't have a lot of budget, I do this so I don't have to pay them as much.

I also used Baseball Instinct 360 for ETA's and Baseball America to see what my 2015 lineup would or should be without trades. What's nice about Baseball Instinct is that it has 360 prospects all with ETA's so it can give you any prospect you need really.

pretty much what i did as well but unlike u, im not gunna leave my prospects in the minors any longer than they need to be....i dont mind paying them if they deserve it..patience only lasts so long
Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
You know what I mean, for me I plan on letting Youk go or DHing him in favor of Middlebrooks... Iglesias is almost ready, I actually brought him up due to Aviles getting injured and hes hitting well...

But I was thinking deeper in the minors... someone like Xander Bogaerts, he has a lot of upside and plays SS... I hear he could play 3B down the road...
Now in a few years when hes ready where do you play him??? With Iglesias at SS and Middlebrooks at 3B, Bogaerts would have to change positions... maybe LF???
If you are letting Youk DH are you going to bench Ortiz? I'm going to trade Iglesias so I won't have that problem, but I'll get a few good prospects. Middlebrooks is your future 3B, Bogarts has an ETA of 2015 so I definitely could see him playing left field (this article if you scroll down to MI has him there http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s.../sox-prospects) He will look better on defense there but it isn't necessarily his ultimate position.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
MVP

TGov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude

Awesome sites, I use http://soxprospects.com/ but it only has the Red Sox prospects, great site though... especially since Im a Sox fan, hehe...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »