Home

Has anyone ever lead the league in walks as a hitter ? (either RTTS or Franchise)

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever lead the league in walks as a hitter ? (either RTTS or Franchise) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Has anyone ever lead the league in walks as a hitter ? (either RTTS or Franchise)

Just wondering. I created myself as the CF/Leadoff hiter on the Tigers (after Austin Jackson was injured for the season) and just over 40 games in, I am currently SECOND in the MLB in walks, with 31, only 1 behind the leader. This is kind of surprising, because as a team, I am towards the bottom of the MLB in drawing walks as a team, but with "myself" I tend to draw almost a walk a game. Could have something to do with my approach as the leadoff hitter, as I try to see at least 4 pitches each at bat, NEVER swinging at the first strike.

Anyone else leading the league, or close to it that far into franchise, or RTTS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Has anyone ever lead the league in walks as a hitter ? (either RTTS or Franchise)

My team is top 10 in the MLB in drawn walks ( Twins ) Using the "Perfect" Slider set on HoF. If your good at fouling off nasty pitches you can usually draw 3-5 a game as a team.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Has anyone ever lead the league in walks as a hitter ? (either RTTS or Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
My team is top 10 in the MLB in drawn walks ( Twins ) Using the "Perfect" Slider set on HoF. If your good at fouling off nasty pitches you can usually draw 3-5 a game as a team.
I tend to take the hitting approach of how the individual hitter would in real life, IE The leadoff guy would take more pitches, to try to draw walks, and hitters like Delmon Young, and Brennan Boesch would be more aggressive early in the count.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I would agree, the difference though is that you have one of the most explosive offenses in the league. The Twins offense is admitingly horrible so I have to get on base any way I can. So I prefer to go for contact and walks specifically with Revere, Span, Caroll, Casilla, Parmele, ( Leads my team in walks )and Mauer to an extent.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I draw more walks in RTTS. It's mainly because I focus more on my AB. I only get 4 or 5 a game. Whereas, in franchise, I come up to bat 27+ times, so I tend to get impatient. I have a really good eye, but sometimes I'll just get anxious when playing an entire game. I also tend to get more aggressive when down in the game and I'm anxious to score runs. When I finally realize this I become more patient and, ironically, I start to score runs.

Another trick is that if the pitch is borderline I try to swing a tad early or late so I foul it off. If I time it perfectly, it will be a weak hit and likely an out. That is really getting fine though, and some people might not be able to do that without striking out. Just a trick I picked up over the past few years of The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Rookie

ZOMB13AUTOPILOT's Arena

I'm tied for 7th in the league for drawn walks through 6 games with the Cardinals in my franchise. And I'm using my own slider set.

NFL: Minnesota Vikings

NBA: Chicago Bulls

NCAA: Arkansas Razorbacks
Old 04-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
Rookie

timmermac's Arena

Hehehe... Ummm. no. In 5+ years in my 2011 RTTS, I've drawn a grand total of maybe 20 walks in over 1500 plate appearances. My career high in a season is 6. I am extremely impatient at the plate, but I normally hit .350+, so it's not too big a deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »