Home

Base runners Givinaway outcome of hits/outs

This is a discussion on Base runners Givinaway outcome of hits/outs within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Base runners Givinaway outcome of hits/outs

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case in previous versions but if you hit a ball in the gap the base runners that are on base are giving away the eventual outcome 100% of the time. Therefore taking away a lot of the drama. Obviously this means that the outcome is predetermined. Eg: man on first, hit a beautiful shot to the gap, but the base runner doesn't move, therefore I know that the outfielder will catch that ball no matter what and vice versa. If he takes off running I know he won't catch it. Not every base runner should know hit/out right off the crack of the bat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Base runners Givinaway outcome of hits/outs

I have found that they only take off on no doubt liners in the gaps. They usually only go half way on fly balls.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtedesco788
I have found that they only take off on no doubt liners in the gaps. They usually only go half way on fly balls.

i have noticed this.
i'll keep an eye on it today.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
My experience support this also. I believe the base running ability slider has something to do with it. I have seen a couple of time when base runner (both mine and cpu) with low base running ability will make the wrong choice (either stop half way for return to the base they were on) when I hit a line drive over a defender's head.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Rookie

fullmetal2405's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
This. Unless you're ABSOLUTELY certain the ball will drop you stop halfway, so if it's caught you can get back to your original base before being doubled up. This is exactly what I see runners in game doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I have seen cases of the exact opposite. I have seen runners on second freeze on liners hit through the left side on the infield. If they knew or the result was somehow pre determined they would have taken off on contact.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Runners go into a "trot" on high fly balls that end up being HR's....it ruins the suspense for me.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRu31
...if you hit a ball in the gap the base runners that are on base are giving away the eventual outcome 100% of the time.
How is this possible when you control the baserunners? Half the time I'm holding L1 before the ball leaves the pitcher's hand, and hopefully I'm not letting go until the slide into second base. If you're waiting until the runners tip you off onto what's going to happen you already missed the window to influence the play.

Quote:
man on first, hit a beautiful shot to the gap, but the base runner doesn't move, therefore I know that the outfielder will catch that ball no matter what...
Yes, perfect example! If it was such a beautiful shot, why weren't you on L1?

Let's rephrase what you just said, if you don't mind: "Hit a beautiful shot to the gap, but I don't hit L1, therefore I've told the game I don't think it's a hit."

Disclaimer: If you're on coach mode or something, or use auto-baserunning, please disregard (you never know around here).

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 04-09-2012 at 11:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »