Home

No Visual Aids

This is a discussion on No Visual Aids within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
No Visual Aids

While messing around last night I decided to turn off every visual aid: pitch confidence, swing/pitch info, and all fielding markers. I found myself having more focus and concentration. I pay more attention to the count and situation and less to how was my swing and pitch confidence. I stopped looking for a specific pitch, but focused on whether it will be hard or soft depending on the count, situation, and pitcher tendencies according to the analysis chart. Basically, less stuff to "look" has helped renew my focus during an at bat.

While on the mound, I turned off the ball marker while using PP. I have to get used to fielding fly balls without markers. Three words: HARD AS HELL!!! Lol

Has anyone else tried this??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No Visual Aids

i thought pitch confidence turned off well pitch confidence but you say its just the visuals....awesome i was wanting to turn off that visual
Old 04-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher82man
i thought pitch confidence turned off well pitch confidence but you say its just the visuals....awesome i was wanting to turn off that visual
Im not sure if it is turned off or not, to tell you the truth. I'm going to leave it off for while and see how things go. Maybe a Dev can clarify.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I play with all visuals off and love it. Also playing with pitch speed at 10 is awesome.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher82man
Just checked the menu and it stated when "off" the confidence meters will not be "displayed". So it is still working; you just cannot see the meter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Just hit a 2-run, no-doubter off of Lincecum on an 0-2 count. Focus!!! He threw a hanging curve on the outer half against Cruz. No distractions. See ball, hit ball.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

How do you turn off the pitch and pci location box after every pitch?
Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

I used to do it in MVP and I enjoyed it, but I have a couple of problems with doing it in this game:

1) The path the shadow of the ball takes isn't very logical or predictable

2) Since the fielding/global sliders are not split between Human and CPU, it's impossible to keep things fair playing this way. The CPU will continue to field at the same level, while I make errors all over the place from misjudging balls. If there was a way to handicap the CPU so things were equal I'd be more inclined to give it another shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »